"That's because it's made from an element with a higher heat signature than regular metal. It shines infrared, like your eyes, because it's silver," he said. Just as Levi went to touch the mark, she stopped herself after hearing it was silver. She slowly moved back, her hand instantly grabbing on to Scott's as she realised what this meant.

No-one said anything as they walked through the woods and back towards Chris' car. Malia was frantic, confused about the sudden silence that had fallen amongst the pack.

"How come no one's saying anything? Silver, copper, lead. Who cares what a bullet's made out of? Don't they all do the same thing?" She asked, her eyes darting between her alphas and the hunter. Levi opened her mouth to speak, but found that no words came out.

"Well, there's a myth that a silver bullet can kill a werewolf," Scott hesitantly said, knowing that Levi and Chris were seriously worried about the bullet. 

"But a real hunter would know it's just a myth. Silver's too soft for bullets, they don't fly straight," Chris told them all, before looking worriedly at Levi. The girl knew this information, and she had figured out exactly what that meant for them all.

"If you didn't fire it, then who did?" Malia asked, just wishing they would get to the point of it all.

"Someone who doesn't know what they're doing," Scott murmured.

"Someone dangerous," Levi agreed before they all turned to Chris.

"A new hunter."

____

"He killed every supernatural in the Closed Unit? All of them?" Scott asked Lydia as the girl relayed what she had witnessed at Eichen house to the four senior members of the pack. Levi sighed, rubbing her face with her hands as she listened to the words that the girl was saying.

"He said he couldn't see it any other way."

"Well, I've got another way. You don't kill everyone!" Malia yelled, but Lydia shook her head, clearly still thinking about his words.

"I think he was afraid."

Scott looked up at that. "The wolves, the rats. It keeps coming back to the same thing," he spoke, pausing as Levi finished the sentence.

"Fear." She said, her eyes widening slightly as she realised that something wasn't right at all in Beacon Hills.

"But what is everyone afraid of?"

"Us," Levi muttered firmly, knowing exactly what Scott was getting at. It all began to add up in her head, the looks that she would receive from a select few students, the glances that Monroe had been giving her - everything.

"We don't know what fear would do to somebody. I mean, it can change them. They'll look at us differently. They'll do things that they've never done before," Scott started to remind them, before Malia butted in.

"People can be so stupid!" She snarled, fed up of things like this constantly happening.

"They're not stupid, they're scared," Lydia softly told the girl, her eyes narrowed as she thought over what Scott was saying. "And scared people will do things that you wouldn't believe."

___

Levi looked at Scott as they jumped into Stiles' jeep. Lydia and Malia had already left the premises, but the alpha couple had decided to go and get some basic groceries before they called it a night. Just as Scott went to turn on the engine, the moon cast a soft glow on his face as Levi felt her stomach do a flip. Reaching over, she grabbed his hand and made him stop trying to turn the ignition.