O R D I N A R Y (Avengers / Loki)

Ordinary

Adjective

With no special or distinctive features; normal.

Screams came from all around us and I looked through the bus window, grey beasts ran past us while I chewed my lip. My peer's screamed while I looked around us, my teachers were as white as ghosts as I moved from my lone bus seat to the bus drivers side.

"Drive." I demanded, only for him to look at me, shaking like a leaf. "I said, drive!" I yelled, yanked on the clutch before I pushed his leg down. The bus flies forward and I held onto the bus drivers seat while I looked through the windscreen.

"Everyone, hold on!" I yelled, taking hold of the bus drivers steering wheel before I pressed my knee against his leg, speeding up the bus. We collided with the grey beast and the bus driver slams on the breaks. I flew forward, smacking into the glass before I turned and glared at the driver.

I then noticed the grey beast moving, he turns and stares straight at me before I pulled back, staring at the beast. "Everyone, evacuate through the back of the bus. Stay with your buddies."

"Miss Laurence, get-"

The beast punched the windscreen, making me jump back slightly, "GO! GO! GO!" I ordered, earning panicked yelling and foot steps as they retreated off of the bus and started to run in a group.

The glass behind me shatters and I follow the bus driver. "Come back here." I froze at the voice, slowly turning I stared at the beast with a raised eye brow.

"Okay, that was weird." We stared at each other for a moment before he launched himself forwards. Eyes widening I ducked into the seats as he flew past me. Sitting up I climbed over the back of the seat and grabbed a hold of the sword-like weapon off of his back.

Yanking from his back I instantly fell with the weight of the sword. "Holy crap what is this made out of?!" Looking up I  shrunk at the fact the beast stayed down at me. "Well, it's time to go." Sitting forwards I somersaulted through his legs and crawled out of the back of the bus.

Dropping on my hands and knees on the rubble I stumbled onto my feet and started running like a girl with her ass on fire down the middle of the destroyed road.

I hear an screech behind me and I continued running between cars, rubble and - oh god, was that an ice cream sign? Those monsters.

The road underneath me started to tremble as I sprinted down the road, dodging more of the beasts, trying to pretend I was in some kind of video game, or a really serious game of dodge ball. "MOVE OUT OF MY WAY!" I yelled, out of breath as I didn't even reach a street corner from the bus.

I now understand why my PE teachers failed me in sports.

Heart hammering in my chest I skid to a stop while I stare at the other beast. "Aw sh-" The next thing I new I collided with a side of a car. Sitting up while I felt adrenalin pump through my system, then I noticed the mutant walking towards me. "Crap." I murmured, looking around myself until I made eye contact with a hammer.

Well, better a hammer than nothing.

Reaching towards it my hand grasps the cold handle and I picked it up, just as the mutant stood over me. "Don't mess with Australian's, you ass." Holding the hammer with two hands I slapped the guy across the face, sending him into the building on the other side of the street.

Sitting there for a moment I gently placed the hammer on the road besides me and stared at it, what the hell kind hammer is that thing?

Moving away from the hammer I started to crawl away from the hammer. Something grips onto my hair and yanks me upwards, only to stare at the thing that held me. "Oh for crying out loud-"