Chapter 2; The Avatar Returns

Start from the beginning

"I'll miss you too." Aang looked to (Y/N) as he said that. He then turns Appa and rides away at a slow, steady pace. 

Gran Gran walked forward to her granddaughters, and frowned when they both ignored her and walked in a different direction. 

The two sisters looked at Sokka as he prepared for himself and the children for battle. The two then began to gather the children in tents with they're mothers. A loud rumble cut through the air, along with the sound of breaking ice. 

Katara and (Y/N) yelled at Sokka to move, as the ship was headed straight for him and would crush him if he didn't move soon. As the ship approached, Sokka was moved by the snow that was once a compacted wall. Smoke released from the top of the ship, and the sharp front came down as a walkway. 

Sokka crawled out of the way, then paused to look at the Fire Nation soldiers. The one leading the troops was a teenager with a large scar that covered a bit less than half of his face. 

Scar-face came closer and asked, "Where are you hiding him?" The village remained silent and confused. He pulled Gran Gran toward him, and said "He'd be about this age? Master of all elements?" we couldn't answer him. The village was too afraid. 

For a lack of a response, the teen threateningly hurled an arch of fire above our heads. Sokka then came running up to him with his club defensibly, but his plan was futile. Sokka was just pushed out of the way with ease. A little boy threw Sokka his spear, however all attempts were proven useless. Sokka threw his boomerang, and hit came back and hit the head of Scar-face. Scar-face then made daggers of fire in his hands, but was knocked over by Aang who was riding a penguin. 

The penguin stood up and hobbled away while Aang faced the village and said "Hey (Y/N), hey Katara, hey Sokka." Sokka mumbled a half-hearted 'hi' in reply. (Y/N) gave him a big smile, which he returned. Aang then turned to Scar-face who was already up and ready to fight. 

Aang then got into an Air bending stance and said, "Looking for me?"

Scar-face didn't believe it. "You're the Airbender? You're the Avatar?" (Y/N) gasps along with her siblings. 

"I spent years preparing for this encounter. Training, meditating. Your just a child!" Scar-face said rudely. Aang and Scar-face circle each other in battle stances. 

"Well, your just a teenager." Aang stated the obvious. Fire was thrown in Aangs direction repeatedly and he twirled his staff to distinguish it. Some of the fire passed him as he walked sideways, coming toward us and a few kids scream as they cower back. 

Aang glanced at us before turning back to his opponent. "If I go with you, do you promise to leave the everyone alone?" Scar-face nodded as (Y/N) ran up and grasped Aangs bicep.

"Aang no! You don't have to go with them!" He lightly removed her hand from its place on his arm, and shot her a sad smile. 

"It's okay, (Y/N)." He said as Fire benders stepped forward and lead him onto the ship. "It'll be okay. Take care of Appa for me until I get back!" He got on the ship and smiled nervously at (Y/N) as the door went up, but his eyes turned sad before the doors closed. 

~~Time skip Brought To You By MEEE~~

(Y/N)'s POV

I sat down and just stared at the water. It hurt. My heart hurt. I couldn't get him out of my head. I wanted him with me. Not away from me. Katara finally had enough of this silence, and broke it by telling Sokka what we should do. I felt her stand up and say, 

"We have to go after that ship, Sokka. Aang saved our tribe, now we have to save him!" Sokka tried to get her attention, but she wouldn't listen to him.  "Why can't you realize that he's on our side? I know you don't like Aang, but we owe him and-"