It's never too late.

Começar do início

"Hi Jake." 

He looked into the brown eyes that once held happiness but is now looked old and 5 years older. He hair a lot longer than it usually was as if she never got it cut. 

He sat down quickly in the opposite chair and whipped his sweaty hands on his pants. Jake looked at Nikki while she looked everywhere but him. They sat in silence as Jake stared at her and she was occasionally glancing over at him. "What?" Nikki finally snapped at him. Her face turned red immediately and mumbled "I'm sorry." 

Jake sighed and spoke. "Do you want to hear the latest events happening at the house?" 'Talk about Hannah first then ease her into asking her what the hell happened in Colorado.' Simple plan to follow. Nikki nodded and Jake answered simply. "Well i'm going to start off after we left Warped. Andy proposed to Hannah. They were planning on getting married in May but that changed when Hannah told everyone she's pregnant." Jake stopped talking when he noticed Nikki's face paled. Her eyes were wide with shock. "Hannah's engaged?" Jake nodded. "Hannah's pregnant?" Again, Jake nodded. Nikki let the news sink in and she let out a shaky laugh. "Do they know what gender the baby is?" She asked in a small voice, still not looking at him in the eye. "No they're waiting until the birth of the kid to find out. But they picked names already." Nikki gave another shaky laugh. "Hannah's been debating on baby names since we were in high school." Jake then gave a small laugh. "Sebastian and Violet." 

Nikki sighed smiled at the floor. "In Ninth grade she played a fairy named Violet. She fell in love with the name. Same with Sebastian. She also always said that if she was going to have kids she wanted a boy first then a girl so her baby boy could protect her baby girl. But if she had twins of a boy and girl she would name them Christopher and Robin." Her voice stopped at a whisper at the end of her rambling. "How far along is she?" "3 months." Nikki slowly nodded her head and started picking at her finger nails. 

"So how did Andy propose?" He jumped a little in his seat at the sudden volume of her voice. He cleared his voice and explained how Andy drove them to this little town and hung out all day and finally went to this field and set up blankets and pillows and how they sat there and talked and how he finally popped the question. When he finished explaining he saw that a tear had trickled down her face. But he wasn't done. He explained what happened with the dinner with Hannah's mother and Ashley's new girlfriend and Brendon moved out of his place. 

When he was done explaining everything the tears were free flowing but she didn't cry out. She cried silently. Something deep inside of Jake wanted to forget everything that had happened and comfort her but another part said that she would have known all this if she hadn't left them. She could have helped Hannah through so much but she left them all in the dust. Once again they fell into a silence that seemed to fill the room and suffocate them both. 

Jake had to ask. "Nikki, why did you go?" He sounded years younger like a child asking why his parents left and never came back. 

Nikki opened her mouth to say something but then closed it like she didn't trust what was going to come out. "Because Jake, I didn't have any of the pressure with Ronnie. I was able to block out all the bad in my life. I kept remembering what i did to you and Hannah that i just drowned myself deeper in the drugs and alcohol with him. It wasn't until Danny took me from Ronnie while he was in jail to bring me to you guys then here." Jake nodded and said. "You don't have to explain to me what happened with you and Ronnie. Everyday you were gone, we were waiting for a phone call or watching the news that your body was found dead in a ditch somewhere by the highway. You have no idea how happy everyone was when Danny brought you to us. We thought you were dead." 

As his words sank in, the tears sprung back to her eyes and fell down her face. She nodded and looked at her hands which were bundled in her lap. "Since you down get out of here until next April, Hannah wanted me to give you this. He got a white envelope out of his back pocket and gave it to her out reached hand. 

She stared at the piece of paper in her hands. Jake stood up and walked over to her chair. He explained to her that Hannah and the rest of the guys were willing to help her. She gave him a weak smile. He kissed her forehead and headed for the door. "Jake?" She called out jsut as he opened the door. He turned. "Jake, i'm sorry for what i did to you. I loved you and i hurt you. I might still love you. Do you think you could ever give me a second chance?" 

Jake stood there thinking about his response carefully. "To be honest with you, I don't know. But i do hope so." She nodded and went back to looking at the piece of paper in her hand. 

Jake left the building and drove back home. When he got there he sat in Hannah's car that she let him borrow somehow. He watched his friends through the open windows and saw that they were care free at the moment. He saw Hannah giving Ash and CC her famous scold while Andy and Jinxx were laughing behind her like a bunch of children. 

He let the air out of his lungs and laughed as Hannah up sided Ashley on the back of the head, Jake guessing that he said something perverted.

Everything was good now. Jake didn't want to upset anyone by letting Nikki back in. He didn't want to get hurt and he was sure as hell that he didn't want Hannah hurt again. But they both agreed to let Nikki back into their lives long enough for her to get back on her feet. 

Jake finally got out of the car and went inside to join his friends. 

Back at Bluebell Nikki was in her room and was getting ready for bed. She got under her sheets and picked up the paper that Jake gave her from Hannah. She had no idea what to expect. Either it could be full of nasty hateful words from her former best friend or there could be words of support and forgiveness. 

Dear Nikki,

Oh Sweetheart, what did you get yourself into? I want to start out with explaining myself from Warped Tour. Jake and I were looking for you to explain how we jumped to conclusions when we saw the photos of you online. We wanted to apologize about our behaviour that day. But it seems that you made it clear that i was the whore everyone thought i was. I was so hurt that my best friend thought i slept with the people who saved me from my mom. I told you everything about what she had done to me and you helped me through it. But when you said those words to me you acted just how my mother did. I didn't know what to think. 

After some time to think after Danny came to us with you, i realized that i still need you. I hope you can understand that i can't trust you, at least not yet. As Jake probably told you but Andy and I are getting married and i want you to be there. As a guest. I'll understand if you don't end up going because you don't ever want to see me again. But if you do come, i'll be more than happy to see you there. 

With forgiveness, Hannah.

Nikki reread the letter what seems like a thousand times. Her heart broke in a millions pieces. It was that moment that she wanted to make everything up to get her best friend back more than anything.

Ok i have gotten 0 entries from you guys. so i'm guessing you like whats going on or do you guys just don't really care?? I'm still open to chapter ideas and full length chapters via email or Private messaging, Peace out bitches.