20. Moving Towards The End

Start from the beginning

When they reached to the Great Hall, Ron and Luna were waiting for them just outside the hall.

"There you are," Ron said as he saw his best friend coming towards him with his girlfriend.

"So how was your walk?" Hermione asked with raised eyebrows as she took in the rumpled appearances of Luna and Ron.

"Oh, it was quite fascinating." Luna replied dreamily, not noticing a blushing Ron, who was looking anywhere but at Harry (who was laughing silently).

"Do you know the things Ron can do...?" Luna would have continued, had Ron not interrupted.

"Umm Luna love, I think they have heard enough for the day. Why don't we talk about something else, like what Harry and Hermione were doing when we were taking our walk beside the lake?" Ron tried to change the direction of the conversation.

"Do you really want to know what we were doing?" Harry asked raising his eyebrows at his best friend.

Before Ron could reply, they heard a girly squeal as Ginny Weasley appeared out of nowhere and flung herself at Harry. Harry caught her just in time, else, both of them would have landed on the hard stone floor.

"Congratulations Harry," Ginny said fervidly, pulling back from her favourite boy.

Harry took back a step from her. "Thanks Ginny," He said taking hold of Hermione's hand hoping that Ginny would get the hint.

Ginny noticed it and glared at Hermione.

"What are you doing here?" She asked heatedly.

"Harry invited me to see the match." Hermione replied calmly, stepping closer to Harry.

"Are you both still together?" Ginny asked looking towards Harry.

"Yes, we are, Ginny" Harry replied firmly, "And I think you should leave now."

"You are asking me to leave for her?" Ginny asked, flabbergasted.

Hermione was surprised at how spoiled Ginny Weasley was. Fine, being the only girl in the family she was used to get her every wish fulfilled and expected her family and friends to put up with her. However, why did she expect others (other than her family and friends) to put up with her? From what Harry had told her, Mrs Weasley, Ginny's mother, had spoilt her daughter to the extent that nobody in their family would dare to say no to her else they would get an earful from Mrs Weasley.

"All this is happening because of you. Why don't you leave Harry alone?" Ginny said glowering at Hermione, "It's because of you that Harry don't like me anymore."

Hermione was shocked for a moment at being targeted by the Weasley girl.

"Ginny!" Ron exclaimed loudly grabbing his sister's hand and pulling her away from Harry and Hermione.

"Let me go Ron." Ginny said trying to free her arm from her brother's strong grip.

"No I won't." Ron said in a firm voice.

"Ron, let me go or I'll tell mum..." However, before Ginny could complete her sentence, Ron immediately let go of her hand looking anxious.

"Ginny, can I ask you something?" Hermione asked out of the blue, surprising herself as well as the others.

Ginny was caught off guard by this sudden call.

"What?" She asked looking uncertain. She didn't know what else to say. Having no idea what to expect from the brunette standing in front of her, Ginny remained silent and waited for the other girl to speak.