4. Let's Meet The Potters

Start from the beginning

Hermione's thoughts turned to Harry Potter.

Hermione was getting nervous, with the anticipation of meeting the famous Harry Potter. She wasn't sure, what to expect. She hated to feel like this, where she didn't know what to do. She hadn't seen him before, which made it hard to predict, what kind of person he would be. She didn't know much about him. All she knew was that he belonged to a very rich family and was a popular student of Hogwarts Academy, one of the oldest and most prestigious schools in England. Also he was the captain of the Hogwarts football team and played as one of the strikers for the team, which only added to his fame. Furthermore, he was a quite handsome and charming, just an added bonus for his girl fans. But none of these things described, what kind of person he was.

'I don't know why I am feeling like this. It's just, Harry Potter. Yeah Harry potter, the famous, gorgeous, most appealing, Harry Potter.... Arggghh! Just stop it Hermione, you will only make a fool out of yourself...And you don't even know him yet....' Hermione's musings continued.

She looked over to Romilda. From her looks, Hermione could tell that, Romilda too, had heard about Harry Potter, coming to the party. She was trying to fix herself, unnecessarily. The way Romilda was dressed, looked more suitable for a club party, than a Christmas dinner party. She was wearing a stylish short brown dress and high heels. Her silky hairs were flowing down to her waist, in soft curls. Hermione had to admit, she looked stunning.

'Doesn't she feel cold?' Hermione thought, rubbing her hands together.

Out of the blue, Hermione started thinking about her own dress. She was wearing a simple light blue, V-neck, A-line dress which was flowing down to her knees. She was also wearing a black jacket to prevent the cold. Her mum had bought the dress for her, as a gift for her 16th birthday. Hermione had always been more comfortable, with t-shirt and jeans. She didn't want to wear a dress, but on her mum's insistence, she agreed. Her hairs were falling down to her waist in curls and which according to Hermione, were looking like a bush on her head. Overall she wasn't feeling very secure with her appearance.

'Since when did I start worrying about my appearance?' Hermione thought, rubbing her forehead.

❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾

After a couple of minutes, Jane came back to the backyard, followed by a man and a woman. Man was wearing round spectacles. He had messy black hair which actually looked nice on him and made him look handsome. And his hazel-colored eyes were twinkling with happiness. Woman was strikingly beautiful. She had waist length, shining red hair. Her eyes were beautiful emerald green and she had a warm smile on her face. They both looked very nice together. Hermione saw her father, making his way to them and shaking their hands. Then he said something to her mum and she nodded.

Robert turned towards the gathering and started speaking.

"Grangers and Thompsons, today we have a new joining in our Christmas dinner party." Robert said loudly, gesturing towards new comers. Everyone's attention was now on Robert and the strangers he was gesturing to.

"Meet James and Lily Potter, our new friends." Jane said with a smile. There were loud cheers and everyone applauded for new comers, to welcome them. Both James and Lily smiled nervously at this.

"Merry Christmas everyone" James said, with a big smile on his face.

❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾

Party was moving ahead nicely. Hermione's parents were sitting with Potters, talking with them. Hermione was sitting on another table, listening to her 10 year old cousin, Tracy, who was telling her about one of her school projects, in which Hermione had helped her. Hermione was listening to her half-heartedly, as her mind was lost in the thoughts about Potters or say, one Potter in particular.