03| A Tail [ imagine ]

Zacznij od początku

He replied almost immediately. "Y-Yes! Yes. Anything!"

You pursed your lips, silently debating with yourself whether you should tell him it not. "I'm not sure if you've heard, but there is a pearl in the bottom if this lake that has the ability to wipe ALL of your memories!" You yelled to make sure he heard. After all, you were still hidden behind a large rock.

"No, I haven't heard. But I am aware now." He says back, voice slightly echoing.

"I'll reveal myself." You said finally, peeking from the rock. You saw him smile widely, making you blush. "I'll reveal myself but if you do anything to harm me, I will use the pearl against you."

You saw him nodding violently, before looking into the lake again. You hoped that he believed your lies. There was no pearl in the bottom of the lake! No pearl that could erase all memories! You just told him that to hopefully scare him. Nevertheless, you swam towards him, careful that the water doesn't move.

But he saw the ripples form anyways and it caught his attention quicker than a spell. He crouched down and neared you, also careful that he doesn't scare you off. "Hello." He says, voice slightly trembling. You lifted your head from the water, letting it drop from your hair. "I appreciate your trust."

"Don't speak to soon." You said, cocking an eyebrow. You were slightly flattered at the way he looked at you; amazed and all. Now that you got a better look, you were able to see his pretty green eyes and freckled cheeks. You were right. He was attractive. "What are you called?"

He snapped out of his thoughts and shook his head. "M-My apologies. Newton Scamander, but people call me Newt." He held a hand out, making you flinch.

But then you remembered what this was; a gesture of socialising. You took it and gently moved it up and down, imitating the boys you once saw on the shore. "They call me (Y/n). I suppose I could call it a pleasure to meet you."

"Please! The pleasure is all mine!" He says a little too quickly, an excited smile plastered on his face. He really was adorable, and you didn't know what it was but something about him made you feel comfortable. A little less scared. But it started growing silent. And you didn't like silence. Often you would sing to drown it out, but you didn't want to do that now.

So instead you cleared your throat. "So? Why are you here?" You asked, however sounding slightly rude. You didn't mean to, and you wanted to take it back but it was too late now.

"Oh. My apologies." He replies rather shyly, now avoiding your eyes. "I came here to study."

"Study what?" You asked with curiosity.

"Well... Study you."

This took you quite a back. You didn't know how to feel. Flattered that he's interested in your kind, or offended that you were just some other subject to learn about. "For the purposes of what?'

"Ahm..." He began, now sitting down. "I'm writing a book, you see." He gestures to his small brown journal. "about magical creatures."

"Why?"

"Because more wizards and witches need to understand that magical creatures, such as yourself, must not be harmed or feared. They need to understand that they should not be killed or exterminated." He sighed. "I wish that one day our knowledge and understanding will extend beyond what we know now."

He got you there. He got you caught in the way he expressed his determination. His passion. Your heart was palpitating, but you were very good at hiding that. You giggled. (which he secretly found adorable) "Oh, so you refer to me as magical?"