2.

2 weeks later ... Night of Celebrity All-Star Game.

I honked my horn twice to notify DJ that I am outside. We were running a tad bit late, and of course she was the reason why. I had suggested she stay the night over my house to prevent this from happening, but she insisted that she needed to be home.

"I am coming! Got damn, why you gotta be so impatient", she yells running out the door applying lipstick.

She was dressed in a long sleeved yellow caged bodysuit, stone washed distressed jeans, with yellow stilettos on her feet. Her loose wave bundles hung down below her collar bone and had been styled in a middle part.

My bestfriend was a true beauty, and the yellow she wore had her chocolate skin glowing.

"You knew what time I was coming, should've been ready", I yell out my window.

She runs to passenger side and hops in, "And didn't I tell you that you only honk at hoes."

"I know that's why I did it", I shrug.

Mugging me she replies, "Ya mama ho."

I pull backwards out of her driveway and head towards the arena. It takes us about 30 minutes to get there which was shocking due to heavy traffic. Once I pull up to the valet, I hand the attendant my keys and we hop out.

We enter through the back way and show the security our verification badges, "I am gonna head to the trainer's room to get my bag ready. Where you gonna be at?"

"I have to go do sound checks until it's time for the game, after that I don't know. I'm not expected to do too much, gotta save these vocals for Sunday."

I roll my eyes at her cockiness, "Well text me your seat number and I'll send Dyl that way once he and Kain gets here."

"Got you boo, now bye. They waiting on a bad bitch to blow", she walks towards the gym.

Chuckling at myself, I go to the room where all of our supplies are kept and restock my bag. To pass time I head over to my Game Prep playlist, one I use whenever I need to get in groove of things.

Before heading out to the game, I decided to snap a quick picture of myself. I admired my figure in the full body mirror. Since I didn't have to wear team gear tonight I decided to wear my black Under Armour leggings, and the league had given us All-Star tees. On my feet were my red Curry 4's. I let my box braids, done by my bestfriend a week ago, hand down right below my butt. On my hand as always was my grandmother's rose shaped diamond ring. I wore a name plate necklace, and basic studded earrings.

My look was simple, but I still made it look good.

Eventually my nephew and younger brother had arrived. I escorted him over to where DJ was sitting. My brother would playing referee for the celebrity game, so we couldn't leave Dylan unattended.

~~~~~~~

As time went on, the game was getting more comical. On one team was Kevin Hart and he kept the crowd going. He'd run up on the bigger players on the opposing team and talk tough while their backs were turned. As soon as they turned around, he would fall and yell "foul", and the refs would believe him.

It was nice to see the people who supported me the most be involved with one of the biggest events of the season. My bestfriend would be exhibiting one of her many talents by opening the actual All-Star game with the Star Spangled Banner. My younger brother who was point guard for the Miami Heat, was refereeing since he didn't feel like actually playing. Lastly, my pride and joy, my 12 year old nephew Dylan. He had been entered into the children's halftime show by my brother so that he could feel a part of something. These three being here meant the world to me, they've been here and witnessed it all. My mom and step father as well, but they couldn't make it.