Chapter 16 - Veil Of The Eyes.

Start from the beginning

Irritated with himself, he excused himself and flew out of the front door, before his Aunty could hint any further.

Just as he shut the front door, he saw his fathers car pulling into the driveway and instantly his mood brightened.

He walked swiftly to the car, engulfing his brother in a manly hug, just as he stepped out of the car.

While Daaniyaal was shocked at his brother's unusual display of  affection, what he didn't know was that his brother only hugged him that way so he could distract him while he oggled Naailah, who looked flushed from the long journey, yet she still had a radiant smile adorning her face.

Naailah passed Waqaas a small smile and a quick greeting, as she scurried past him and into the house, hoping to get a long and relaxing shower as well as some delicious  home cooked food.

Oh how much she missed home food!

They hadn't even gone for that long, yet it felt like she hadn't eaten proper food for ages!

Once she entered the house, she stepped back in surprise as a body crashed into her and dainty arms wrapped around her.

"You're finally back!"

She squealed.

When she heard the slightly different accent and the voice, she realised who it was.

"Manaal, what are you doing here!?"

She hugged her back, grinning at her.

"You will find out very soon!"

Manaal winked, as she snatched Naailah's handbag as well as her duffel bag and followed her into the kitchen.

She waited for her to greet the women of the house, then followed her into the room.

Manaal brought a tray of frozen yoghurt and cold water for Naailah and Daaniyaal, then ordered Naailah to freshen up and rest, while she helped to set the table.

After a long, hot and relaxing shower, she slipped into a simple lime green shalwaar kameez and wrapped  a towel around her head, as she stepped out of the bathroom, her body feeling somewhat relaxed after the long journey.

At that very moment, Daaniyaal walked into the room, locking the door behind him.

He walked over to Naailah, who sat on the bed, towel drying her hair.

Exhausted, he rested his head on her shoulder, closing his eyes as she pecked his forehead lovingly.

Naailah scrunched her nose.

"Go and bath, you smell horrible!"

He lifted his head, flashing her a dazzling smile.

"Smelly or not, I'm still as handsome as I was the day you married me !"

She giggled. 

"You're speaking like we're married for years!"

He smiled at her lovingly, pulling her closer he rested his chin on her head.

"Doesn't it feel like we are?"