*Chapter 1* the first breath

Who am I. Where am I. They told me I'm strange I'm different that I was a exiled. In this world there are 3 spices the parasites who are treated like dogs the, lycions who are treated like gods and lastly exiles who are right in the middle. When I was 5 my teacher said you don't want to make friends not here. Not now. Now ever. He was right in the textbooks it said when you hit puberty you are put in one of the 3 groups and, you can't pick which one. There were some rules you had to know about the process.

1... you could die.

2... you could not change the process.
And lastly 3... you can never be the same as you were before.

I remember when my friend Ashley got the process. She was crying, screaming over the pain she said it was like a blanket of needles on her skin. But, after that I never saw Ashley again until I saw her with other lycions she was smartest, the bravest but now. She wouldn't even look am me.
" You can step up " the man said looking at me restless eyes.
I finally hit puberty so I had to take the process. They said if you feel pain your a lycions, if you don't your a parasite but... if your heart stops beating for even a second you are an exiled the worst of the worst.
" Hey girl don't waste my time " the man said aggravated.
He shoved me into a small chamber full of blue lights that reflected against the cloud white walls.
" Ready.. in action.. the process is in action " the lady said form behind a machine with little buttons and switches.
Flick.
The blue lights shifted around me faster than my feet could handle as I tumbled to the ground. What happening my heart sank into my stomach as I could only see the blue lights. Then all of a sudden the room went dark and the cold floor collided with my face.
Beep.
Beep.
" Get up " a deep and gentle voice called out to me.
I opened my eyes and looked around to see a boy who looked my age I knew him form the news that day.
" We have found another folks!! " the man on the loud speaker called out.
His words were sharp and full of hatred for the human behind him. An exiled. I remember clearly as it happened a year ago when I was in the market getting some food.
" This young man here is the new exiled let's call him... #16!! " the man said in a eloquent and booming voice that grabbed the crowds attention.
I ran for the square rushing through the crowds of people straight to the front to see a young boy near my age.
I reached out a hand to the boy he looked at me and smirked patting my head.
" You should go somewhere else girl this isn't the place for you " the boy said with pain in every word he spoke.
I nodded and took his hand. Kiss. In our world a kiss on the hand was huge. The whole crowd looked our way horrified at the display of affection. They yanked the boy away from me and asked if I was ok while wiping my lips with a cloth.
" Hey are you alright! " the boy called out again even louder than before.
" Yes " I sat up and looked at his face so close I though so handsome to.
The blush on his face was redder than a perfectly ripe apple. He helped me up as the ground below me cracked and shifted. Trash of course.
" Hey are you feeling anything " he said seeming concerned.
" What should I be feeling? " I respond with I small mumble under my breath.
" I mean do you remember anything like.. your name? " he said as his eyes got wider.
" Yeah my name is... My name is... " I stumbled over all my words not one came out right.
" So you can't guess your just like us exiles. " he said so monochrome.
Exile I couldn't stomach the word I just heard, in all my textbooks there was little about exiles all there was... was how they were killed. So how could I be an exiled both my parents were lycions and, all my ancestors where lycions what happened. He could see the fear on my face I just knew I glared at him to shake off his trance.
" Where am I? " I said quietly so quiet that he looked confused.
" Where what..! Oh where are you well your in the Eastland " he said with a slight chuckle as if he thought I knew.
But, I do remember that the 3 species took different directions to build a land.
THE EAST for the exiles.
THE NORTH for the lycions
THE SOUTH for the parasites
Yep. But the West was unexplored and untouched because of the dangers within the huge land. The boy was looking at me head to toe, toe to head. He looked like he had never saw a person before like... I was special. Our eyes meet so that I could look him up and down.
" So uh.. you hungry? " He said unconcerned but blushing ear to ear.
I nodded and grabbed his hand signalling him to show me the way.
" ok. " he said with a smile and he clasped my hand in his.
Our fingers intertwined with every step it was strange he had a s strong grip for a light build. I looked at the nape of his neck as it flaunted his pale white skin. Uh oh.. He was looking at me uncertain of the situation. My eyes glided to ground as I let the trash be my sky.
" We're here you can look up " He said as he pointed toward a small market like town.
My emotions shifted around as I saw so many different ones. People sad, mad, happy but all full with fear and pain and suffering. He pulled me along to a nearby store bustling with life.
" Hey #16! Got a girl " a man with a long dark beard said from behind the counter.
His name was #16 since every exiled can't remember there name we get numbers. I watched 16 get redder and redder by the second.
" So little lady what's your name? " the man behind the counter said staring at me almost annoyed.
" Shes.. Uh " 16 said as his lips pressed together and his forehead wrinkled looking for an answer.
" Hey old man I do have a name " I said so confidently to try and back up 16.
" Ha... old man eh ain't nobody called me that in a long time so what's it? " he said so angry as his slight smile turned into a watermelon grin.
" Ha.. it's... " I said now uncertain of an answer but 16 he smiled and patted me on the head almost to light the bulb in my head.
" I'm 160 and do not forget that. " I said with a piercing gaze at the old man.
The old man shifted back as his grin looked liked it would slit my throat.
" Get out and I'm #108 do not forget that. " the man said so fiercely eyeing me up and down.
I yanked 16 out of the store with me and kept walking until my legs gave out. Night fall fell down on us like a cold blanket. My legs gave out a while back as I was never the athletic type so, 16 carried me back.
" Get some rest 160 " 16 said with a small smile as his hand grazed my cheek. I looked at him with heavy eyes thinking about today.
" 16... when will I leave here " I said not thinking of why I just asked.
16's face twisted in way to hide his discomfort.
" 160 I don't know when... or how but I promise you I'll get you out of here ok " he said so quietly as if he was in my ear.
" Ok that's a promise " I smiled in a way that my lips stretched out and disappeared.
But, all of a sudden 16 clouded my vision and lips. I could feel my cheeks heating up as his lips pressed against mine. Then his head lifted and so did his lips as, he snuggled in right next to me.
" Sleep right 160 " his words lingering in the air as his cold breath grazed me eyes.
His arm wrapped around me pulling my head into his firm chest. Even though I was happy I could only think of his promise to me. When would I leave? I need to stop but I truly can't I don't like this place. I knew I was trembling as 16 rubbed my head and sang a song.
*Song
~ Never fear what you can't see because the whole world now speaks for you never fear were you came from because this year with me will be the best and the worst. To make it out I will do my best to try my luck I will never forget. The day. The time when I needed you to pick me up and say " yes " to my words can you say that I was happy with you and protected what was wronged my dear child...
I can't remember when but his tears flowed into mine making a perfect exlier.