Chapter 1

Ariana POV

"ARI GET UP!" My friend Nikki yelled waking me up. She was jumping on my bed while blasting her music from her Galaxy Mega. Now I'm starting to wonder why I decided to get an apartment with her.

"Mmmm. Get out!" I threw a pillow at her. Nikki is my bestfriend but she can be annoying at times. Nikki is short, thick and Caucasian. Don't let her race fool you, baby girl is ghetto.

"Ok. I'm going to act like that didn't happen. Now get up."

"It's 11 in the morning. We don't go to work until later." I mumbled while covering myself with my China cover.

"No bitch it's 2 in the afternoon. Get your ass up, we're going bike riding." she said leaving out my room laughing.

"Ugghh!!" I got out the bed and went to the bathroom to freshen up. After putting on my pink track shorts and black sports bra, I put my hair in a bun then threw on my shoes.

"You ready?" Nikki asked me when I walked to the kitchen.

"Yup." I grabbed my water bottle,  my banana nut muffin, and my phone then we left to the park after we got our bikes on the car.

*

"You know they still haven't heard from Rhonda.  It might actually be true." Nikki said as we rode our bikes.

"Poor Rhonda. I told her to be more careful. I feel so bad." I said shaking my head.

"I know. But How'd it go with you working?"

"Good. Had to pull my move again. Some people just don't understand the rules." I said looking at Nikki .

"Watch out!!!" Nikki yelled at me. I looked forward to see this man running and he wasn't paying attention. I hurried up and swerved then I noticed he looked up. After I went passed him I stopped and got off the bike.

"Hey what's your problem man. Don't you pay attention?" I said going up to him as Nikki followed.

"Lil Mama you almost ran into me." he said with a slight chuckle.

"Yeah if you were paying attention it wouldn't have happened. You almost made me run into my friend. Then at that you was in the middle of the path." He had a smirk on his face which was actually sexy. He was darkskin, you know? The sexy chocolate color? He had his shirt off showing his 12 pack with red basketball shorts on as sweat dripped down his body. You can see a peak of his V line. He had sleeve tattoos on both arms with a cross on his chest.  His smile shined just like the diamond earrings in his ear. 

"Damn I sure do wish she could of hit you." Nikki said looking at him. "I wouldn't mind you being unconscious. I know mouth to mouth." We started laughing.

"I'm sorry for not paying attention even though we were both at fault." he said with his sexy deep voice.

"Yeah, no its fine. I'm sorry, i should of been more careful." All of a sudden i was putting this all on me.

"Its OK ma. What's your name?" he said smiling.

"Ariana."

"And yours?" he asked Nikki.

"Mrs. Whatever your last name is." she said making him laugh. "I'm Nikki."

"Hmm Ariana and Nikki. You two are the most beautiful women I've seen yet since I've moved here." He said.

"Smooth." Nikki whispered in my ear making me do a slight laugh.

"You just moved here to New York City?" I asked him.

"Yeah like a week ago. New York is a handful isn't it?"

"Yes. I've stayed here my whole life." I said

"You better get use to it." Nikki said to him. "We never got your name."

"Derek."

"Hmm Derek. You have a girlfriend?" she asked.

"Nikki stop." I said but he was laughing.

"What? I just want to know."

"It's cool. But no I don't have a girlfriend. ... I have a wife." he said putting his hand in a fist and showing his ring.

"Yeaaah. Come on Ariana." Nikki said walking off.

"Bye." I told him.

"Bye Ariana. " he said winking at me. "Bye Nikki!." He yelled out too her.

"Mmhmm" she said still walking, not even looking back. He laughed then he went back to his jogging.

"Nikki what was that about?" I asked her getting back on my bike.

"Nikki Jones don't conversate with taken men."

"Wow really. But why would he sit there and say we're the most beautiful women he's seen yet in NYC if he has a wife. You shouldn't be complimenting any other women like that but your wife." I said as we peddled.

" I don't know and I don't care. " she said making me laugh. The stuff she does.