Kylo Ren

I didn't want to be here. I wanted to get a nice, secluded dorm alone. But no, of course not. I have to share my dorm with some girl. I had already been text ranting about this whole thing to my girlfriend from home. Her name's Kira, and she's the best.

Kylo- Oh God! I just found out that I have to bunk with some girl!

Kira- You poor thing! Remember, keep your anger in check.

Kylo- Thanks, baby! I'm meeting her in an hour. I'll tell you how it goes.

Kira- Good luck! Love you!

Kylo- Love you too!

I walked into my room. My new roommate wasn't supposed to arrive for another hour. I put on my sheet, and put my stuff out. Then, my roommate walked in. She was attractive enough. She was carrying a small bag and some sort of helmet. She set the helmet on a shelf and sat down on her bed. "Hello, I'm Rey." She put her hand out in a way indicating that she wanted me to shake it. I did. "Hey. I'm Ben, but everyone calls me Kylo." We just sit in silence. "Okay," Says Rey, "If you don't mind, I'm gonna unpack now." She grabbed a messy pile of clothes and shoved them in a drawer. Then, she shoved a handful of machine parts onto her desk. I just pulled out my phone and started texting Kira.

Kylo- OMG! She is such a slob! I don't know how I'm going to survive a year of this. TTYL assuming I survive.

Kira- Hang in there sweetie!

I put away my phone. Rey had taken out a large pile of books and placed them on her desk amid the machine parts. She sat at the desk and started fiddling with the parts. Without looking at me, she said: "So, what sort of stuff are you into?" "Not talking to people," I said. Then there was more awkward silence. She pulled out her phone and started texting someone. Then she put it away. "Okay. I'm going to meet up with someone," she said. "Ok, whatever," I said. Then she walked out. 

I walked over to her desk. She had books for a few mechanics classes. She must have been majoring in engineering. Not much of a surprise. I finished unpacking. When Rey finally came back, it was almost midnight. I was in bed, trying to sleep. I've always had problems sleeping. Tonight, every time I closed my eyes, I was seeing Luke Skywalker hovering over me with a lightsaber. Rey came in quietly. I could tell that she thought I was asleep. She layed down on her bed. She stared at the ceiling. After a moment, I realized that she was crying. It looked like she had a bruise over one eye. I was going to say something, but I decided against it. 

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.