The Train Station

Riding in a nearly deserted subway car is not that uncommon in New York City. Without a doubt no one questioned a 16 year old girl with a guitar riding the train at 2 am in the morning. I finally got off the one train at 59th street Columbus Circle. The station was deserted. This was such a difference to what my father would tell me what happens during the rush hour. As I leaned against the wall, I took my guitar off my back and started singing and playing. 

  I always sang to vent. However, I couldn't do it often at home because my father was asleep at night and during the day I'm supposed to sleep. So I would always go to 59th street and sing (song above). 

  As I sang and played the gutair as loudly as I can I heard footsteps. I was trapped in the apartment all day, I didn't give a flying flack about what people thought. I didn't bother to look up untill I finished. 

    As I finished I heard someone slowly clapping. The clap echoed throughout the station.  I look up to see a guy wearing a leather jacket and black jeans leaning against the pillar inside the station.  

That was a great song, do you know any others   He asked curiously

How do I know your not a rapist? I say propelling myself the wall I say as I sling my gutair over my shoulder

Then he had the nerve to laugh. His laugh bounced off the walls.

If it makes you feel any better, the name is Charile He said shaking his head with laughter 

Well nice meeting you Charile I say as I spin around and start walking to the far end of the platform. 

Wait He said grabbing my arm

I tensed up a bit; he felt it

Sorry, I just want to you to sing a duet with me  He said scratching his neck 

Why I said now curious

Because this has never happened to me, meeting a person this early in the morning singing one of my most favorite songs. I just wanted to sing with you so I can remeber this He blurts out looking down ashamed

Ok fine do you know the song Thinking Out Loud ? I say bringing my gutair in front of me

Yes He said

Then I started to strum the cords and we were off. 

I was like in a trace. Singing with him was so magical. The distance between us slowly started to close. At this point, we were almost chest to chest. Then he slowly took my hands. Hand in hand, chests almost touching, singing, and swaying to the sound of our own voices; we looked like star crossed lovers. 

At this point I sure felt like it. The song was coming to an end.  He pulled me in with a soft kiss on the lips . 

Baby we found love right where we are -Ed Sheran