Lui Kang x Kung Lao

"Is that all you've got?" Lui Kang's words dripped from his lips, a smirk tugging at his features. The Shaolin Monk stood across from his best friend, his stance showing he was ready to fight at any moment. His voice was laced with determination and confidence, as he believed that he could, and probably would take down the other, in this spar.

Kung Lao though, did not seem to have the same amount of confidence his friend wielded, and let out a noise of frustration, his attempt at an attack proving futile against the famous warrior Lui Kang. Truth be told, Kung Lao was not entirely focused. His mind was elsewhere, distracted by thoughts of someone he found he had fallen in love with. Which just so happened to be Lui Kang. The male in the razor sharp hat teleported behind his best friend, grabbing onto his shoulders and flipping him over, a smile of satisfaction on his face as Lui grunted when he came in contact with the ground.

Lao clapped his hands together, as if to brush dirt off of them, only to look back and see that Lui Kang had disappeared. A tap on his shoulder caused him to jump up before looking back, Lui Kang smiling as he waved slightly before he windmill punched the other, who blocked all but the last hit, which knocked him down onto the ground.

Kung Lao grunted, glaring up at the other, who merely smiled. "Do you submit?" He questioned, his right hand quickly made into a fist while the other was extended towards Kung Lao, palm facing the male in the hat.

Kung Lao pushed himself off of the ground, his chocolate eyes narrowed ever so slightly. He reached up, his hand grasping at the tip of his hat. Just as his reply had began to slip from his lips, two interrupted them.

Raiden, as well as Kung Lao's and Lui Kang's teacher, Bo Rai Cho. The Shaolin Monks turned to face the older warriors, pressing their palms together before bowing down slightly in respect.

"Lui Kang. We must speak." Raiden decided, the Thunder God's eyes on the other. Lui Kang nodded, and as he walked off with his mentor, Bo Rai Cho approached Kung Lao, who sighed, running his hands down his face.

"You seem frustrated, Kung Lao." Bo Rai Cho pointed out, his hands held behind his back. Kung Lao looked at his teacher, his hands dropping to his sides before he merely nodded.

"It is nothing, Master Bo Rai Cho." He decided, with the slightest smile on his face. The latter narrowed his eyes at his pupil, before he let out a laugh, which was laced with genuine amusement.

"Nothing? Do we consider falling in love nothing now?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow slightly.

Kung Lao was silent, looking down as to avoid the other's gaze. A hand was felt placed upon his shoulder, causing him to look up, and Bo Rai Cho offered a smile, before he began to speak.

"You must speak with him, Kung Lao. Allow him to know how you feel. Who knows? Your feelings might be returned." He spoke, to which Kung Lao's eyes widened.

"Lui Kang likes me?" He asked, pointing at himself, shock and surprise mixed together heard in his tone of voice. Bo Rai Cho turned to walk away, looking back at his pupil.

"I cannot tell you that." He spoke, even though there was the slightest hint of a smile on his face.

Many hours later, Kung Lao stood in his room, his razor sharp hat held in his hands. His eyes where focused on the weapon/attire, and he sighed, closing his eyes. Loose strands of his hair that where not in his braid fell in his face, and at the sound of a door opening, he opened his eyes and turned to face who walked in.

His eyes landed upon Lui Kang, and he put down the hat, opening his mouth to speak. "Lui Kang, we must -"

The Shaolin was interrupted by two warm hands placed on either side of his face, and soft lips pressed against his. His eyes widened, noticing Lui Kang's had closed. He stood in shock when Lui Kang pulled back, a look of concern on the warrior's face. Kung Lao quickly got over the shock, and threw his arms around his best friend's shoulder, pressing his lips against his, and the two stumbled back, falling onto the bed, Kung Lao on top of Lui Kang.

The kiss was filled with passion, and love, as both expressed their feelings through this act of love. Kung Lao pulled back, his eyes filled with happiness and joy.

"I've been waiting to do that for a while." Lui Kang admitted, hands on Kung Lao's waist. The latter tilted his head, not believing his best friend's words.

"You have?" He questioned, a blush appearing on his cheeks when he noticed Lui Kang's hands.

"Mhm." Lui Kang smiled, thinking before an idea came to mind. "Shall I prove it to you?"

Kung Lao shrugged slightly, his smile mirroring Lui's. "If you wish." He replied nonchalantly.

Lui Kang grinned before beginning to place kisses at the corners of Kung Lao's lips and jaw, emitting laughs from the other. He finally reached Lao's lips, brushing against them, their lips barely touching. Having grown impatient, Kung Lao pressed his lips against Lui's, a chuckle emerging from Lui Kang.

Needless to say, those two ended up being a bit more than just best friends.

--

Hey! Hope you guys enjoyed that oneshot! Don't forget to leave a comment and send requests!