He got back in his car and started to drive. I thought he was about to drive away, but instead he drove over to my car. “I’m not gonna treat you, how you treated me. Pop the fucking hood,” he said aggressively.

I did as he said. He got a pair of jumper cables from his trunk and lifted his hood. “Hold this,” he handed me one end of the cable. “Don’t let them touch.”

I was careful to follow his instructions. As I watched him work, I got a whiff of his scent. He smelled like fresh laundry detergent. I’m most certain it was Gain and it was hypnotizing.

I must have closed my eyes because when I opened them, he was staring at me holding his hands out for the other cables. “Oh…sorry,” I handed them to him.

He rolled his eyes, “get in the car and see if it’ll start.” He connected the other end of the cables to my car. I tried to start it, but there was no luck.

He did something else, and told me to try again. It still didn’t start.

“You can go. I called AAA, they’ll tow it to a shop. Thank you,” I took the keys out and closed the hood of my car.

“How are you going to get home,” he said closing his trunk. “I’ll take the train.”

“Cool,” he closed the hood on his car, got in, and drove off.

 I got in my car, frustrated with what a messed up day, today was. Then I saw his car pull back next to mine. He rolled down his window laughing. “Even though I want to, I’m not gonna leave you out’chea  by yourself?” This was my first time catching his New Orleans accent.

“You had every right to leave,” I laid my chair back and closed my eyes. He opened my car door, got in and sat on the passenger side.

“Umm…” I looked over at him. “Umm what,”  he repeated my words in the same tone.

“We not that cool.”

“So I’m cool enough to give you a jump, but not cool enough to sit on the passenger side of your Mercedes,” he raised his eyebrow.

“No, that’s not it. I don’t know what you might try to do to me. You might try to kidnap me.”

“This would be the perfect opportunity. Since no witnesses are around, ” he licked his lips.

“You are silly,” I yawned. He laughed. “I didn’t know you was from New Orleans,” I rolled down his passenger side window.

“You never asked. I guess that’s cause Attorney’s don’t talk to the help,” he snapped while looking down at his phone.

“Was that necessary,” I was annoyed he was throwing what I said in my face. “Yes, because you fucking played me. When you know last night, I couldn’t keep you off of me.”

“What,” I bursted into laughter.

“Admit it. You want me. I think you purposely did this to your car so we could be together.”

“You are so full of yourself,” I shook my head. “I don’t date kids.”

“There you go,” he looked at hisself in my passenger side mirror.

“There I go what,” I said confused. “You keep trying to get me to tell you my age to see if we old enough to date.” “Sorry boo, I’m not interested. On top of that, I have a man,” I lied.

“Oh really,” he said seeing through the lie. “Yes. Why is that hard to believe?”

“What’s his name,” he narrowed his eyes. “Umm, Idris.”