Chapter Two: Demons and Angels

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I've been kind of busy. I'll be updating more frequently from now on, since several people are reading it now. :) Enjoy!

Dean was nine now, and it was July. The Dandelions were growing like crazy this year, and every last one of them reminded Dean of Cas. He and Cas were in different classes last year, but they still played together during recess. Now, though, it was summer, and Dean hadn't seen Cas for over a month.

The sky matched Cas' beautiful blue eyes; flowers reminded him of the first time they met... EVERYTHING reminded him of that boy.

The two had planned to meet up at the park that day and play demons and angels, one of their favourite games, but Cas never showed. Dean waited for hours, but when the sun began to set, he decided Cas wasn't coming and reluctantly began walking home.

The rest of the day was a blur.

Castiel finished Crowley's homework and gave it back to him the next period, and before he knew it, the school bell rang. Cas gathered his things and went out of the classroom last.

On his way out, Castiel bumped into Dean in the hallway.

"I-um-ah... sorry," Cas stammered as he looked away from the other boy's brilliant green eyes.

A smirk instantly appeared on Dean's face. "Hmm... I forgive you, but only if you let me show you something later tonight," Dean said in his overly confidant voice.

"S-sure..." Why did this boy make Cas so nervous? It was just a stupid dare! Dean obviously didn't think anything of it, so why couldn't Castiel think clearly?

"Alright, I'll pick you up from your house at 8. See ya!"

And then he was gone, disappearing into the crowd.

I wonder what he wants to show me, Castiel thought as he began walking home. Maybe he just wants to clear things up with me and tell me our kiss was all his friends' idea... but I hope not; that would just be awkward. Castiel brushed the thought aside as he arrived at his house.