"Because," He sighed, "I had plans for this week. The boss wanted me to do some scanning of the area, to eliminate any shifters I can find."

Harley scoffed. "You can't get rid of Calum, what makes you think you can get rid of others?"

"I spared him, for the time being, because he's a friend of yours. And, like you keep reminding me, you saved my life twice. So I owe you two favors. And I think sparing your friend's life makes us even." He shrugged.

"Hm..." She thought about it and finally sighed. "I wonder why it is that you decided to be a hunter, when its kind of obvious that somewhere in your heart, you're a nice guy."

"I'm not nice." He argued.

"Oh, yes you are." She nodded. "Cause you spared Calum and I know for a fact, Calum would never spare you."

"You're making me have second thoughts about sparing his life." He said. Watching Ashton through the rearview mirror and then sneaking a glance at Harley who sat in the front passenger side, he asked, "So...what's the deal with you two?"

Harley blushed. "Uh, nothing."

"Right." Michael said.

Her eyes looked down at her phone screen. It was silent now, Calum had stopped trying, but she unocked her phone and read each message one by one.

"harley, u should come over ;)"

"im going to pick u up at ur house, ok?"

"ur mom said u and michael went to visit ur grandma?"

"answer me."

"harley."

"ur going to adelaide and u didnt invite me? im hurt."

"srsly answer."

"fucking shit, harley pick up."

"im gonna go find you. you cant just go somewhere without telling me. wtf."

"if u dnt answer in 5 seconds, im gonna kill michael when i find you."

That last message had been sent almost five minutes ago.

She quickly typed a reply into her phone.

"dont! sorry, i couldnt find my phone."

"bullshit."

"you are seriously crazy. i didn't realize when we agreed that i would tell you when i do anything. im breathing right now, did you want to know that too? i hate you -.-"

"come on, you love me ;)"

"you wish. and no, you cant come to adelaide. ur not invited. bye."

"but i already invited myself."

"too bad, so sad. stay in sydney."

"i'm already on my way."

"you don't know where my grandma lives. ha."

"i knew you wouldn't want to tell me. which is why i'm bringing andrea & niall :D"

"ugh. i thought they went home. do you want to start WWIII? michael will kill ur friends when he sees them."

"i had no other choice. besides, niall has tracking powers. he's like a fucking hound dog. he'll find you even if ur grandma lives under a rock."