Apollo only watched her with boredom.

Once the tips of her boots pressed against his, she halted. Chest heaving up and down rapidly, hands twitching to rip his throat apart.

As realization struck Aphrodite's face, Apollo smirked.

"You bid good fun." He said, pushing Aphrodite away from him.

She stumbled back, holding her arms out for some type of balance. But before she could firmly stand on the heels of her feet she was pushed again. And again.

Apollo had a menacingly dangerous glare fondling with his eyes. He was angry. Streaming with red, hot flames that only defiance pulled out of him.

The god of light pressed his hands firmly against Aphrodite's shoulders and jammed her into the wall. Successfully trapping her in between him and the wall.

"Listen, your majesty," He said, overly pronouncing her title negatively, "Artemis and your stupid toy are out in the forest contemplating secrets among themselves and I for one hate secrets. We both have a connection with them. Which means, you believe me— we work together to find them and unleash their secrets. Or you don't believe me, I find your little friend and shred him until he's only marrow." He snapped, spit flying between his teeth and sprawling across Aphrodite's divine face.

She wiggled her body around under Apollo's hold. But it was no use, especially when he laughed at her struggle. "You are evil." She stated plainly.

He only shrugged, "I'd like to know what you are if I'm evil."

She grunted, gathering her will and began raising her arm to grab onto his hand circling her neck, "Let go!"

"What do you say?"

"Apollo--"

"Answer!"

"Okay! Fine!" She wheezed, "I'll help you."

When he finally let go, she slumped her shoulders and crumpled to the floor. Coughing for air as her neck felt free.

He rolled his eyes, turning his back on her and towards the door.

She narrowed her eyes at his muscled back before crawling up to her feet.

"Don't try anything." He stated just as she took a step towards him. Almost like he literally had eyes at the back of his head.

"What're you doing?" She asked, her voice hoarse and weak.

Apollo was staring at her long and wide closed door. It looked like he was expecting someone.

He didn't respond to her, though. Instead his eyes stayed planted on the door, waiting.

"Hello?"

"Shh!"

And then a knock vibrated through the room.

"What—who is that!?" She demanded and started walking towards the door.

Apollo pushed her against the wall again, though.

"Sit down! I'll get it." He spat, trekking to the door.

Aphrodite clamped her lips together. Promising herself that she'd kill him after she found Adonis, safe and healthy.

Apollo smoothly moved across the room and opened the door like it was his own.

Aphrodite snarled.

Behind the door, stood Hermes. Ugh, Aphrodite thought. She secretly hoped it was a nymph to pass time for the three, her, the nymph, and Apollo could set aside their differences for a bit and enjoy some time in the bedroom. Hmm.

"Apollo. Aphrodite." Hermes bowed as he entered the room.

Aphrodite crosses her arms over her chest. A chilling bored expression intensifying her features as she watched Hermes. She loved making him squirm.

"Uh—um you ex-expected me...sir." Hermes stammered, eyes looking between Aphrodite and Apollo.

        Apollo was oblivious to the whole awkward tension enveloping the room. He slammed the door shut and quickly guided Hermes to the table. Eager to start their ventures.

     Apollo nodded once, "Yes, I have a task for you, Hermes." He said, flashing a quick glance at Aphrodite before returning his eyes to Hermes. "Find Artemis and her new bestie, Adonis, ask them what their doing...." He trailed off.

      Before he was able to finish his sentence Aphrodite interrupted him, "—and bring Adonis to me!"

       Hermes and Apollo simultaneously jolted their heads in Aphrodite's direction, both with confused swept faces.

     She snorted with a shrug, "What? I never told him to go scampering off with some tomboy mutt."

    "Shut it!" Apollo spat, kicking Aphrodite's shins under the table.

    She winced, "Ouch!"

    Hermes grew uncomfortable, more than he was when he walked in. "Um.."

    Aphrodite glared at Hermes, staring blankly at him.

    "So—" Hermes trailed off, eyes darting every which way in the kitchen.

   "Why are you still here?" Apollo asked, narrowing his eyes at the messenger.

     "Right, then." He nodded briskly, shooting up from his seat. Saluting one last bow to the two gods before opening and shutting the door.

   "I don't suppose you still want me to show you what I can do...amusement wise." Aphrodite said, a mischievous filled glint carrying her eyes.

    Apollo's neck tilted back, dripping his attention up and down Aphrodite's face for any sign of hate. When he came up empty, he smirked.