Chapter 9 - Melody of the heart.

Start from the beginning

If  Daaniyaal had it his way, he would have told her to cover her face as well. He appreciated that she covered her hair, and also began adorning the abaya, but he also really wanted her to cover her face so that his beloved wife would be only his to admire, he would never force her into it though, it was something she should decide on her own.

Before they walked their separate ways, he squeezed her hand lightly, then lifted it towards his lips, placing the softest of kisses on her knuckles.

She blushed at his sweet gesture and quickly pulled her hand away, aware of the hundreds of eyes that watched their every move  and how silent the hall had suddenly become after their arrival.

He chuckled at her embarrassment.

With one last  mishevious wink, he disappeared behind the divider, leaving Naailah baffled.

She still could not believe that he was the same Daaniyaal that she had known since childhood.

Perhaps what she felt for him before was just infatuation, but she was sure now she was really beginning to slowly fall in love with him. This was a side of him she had never witnessed before and she was glad that this side of him was reserved solely for her.

Immediately after he left, she was sarounded by her friends as well as her cousins, the girls squealed and fan girled over the new couple as they led Naailah to the stage.

"Ya Allah, did you see the way he kissed her knuckles!"

Her friend Saadiya sighed dreamily, as she helped Naailah remove her Chaadar.  

"Or the way he winked at her!"

Her friend Nazrana asked, resetting her scarf and patting her hair into place.

"Aur kesey us ke aankho me bas pyaar hi pyaar chamak raha hain!"
(And the way there is just love and only love shinning  in his eyes.)

Manaal added, a dreamy look in her eyes.

"Hmm, tumhari aankho me bhi pyaar chamak raha hain!"
(In your eyes also there is love shinning!)

Aqsa, another cousin  from Pakistan teased.

"All of you behave, why were you all even checking out Naailah's husband, he is not your mahram girls, lower your gazes!"

Areeba scolded.

"Hmm, who was busy checking out Fadhal a while ago, hmm!"

Hamna questioned cheekily, as she wagged her finger at Areeba.

Areeba's cheeks coloured in embarrassment.

"He is my fiance!"

She defended.

The girls giggled and Hamna arched her brow.

"And still not your mahram."

Before Areeba could retort, Naailah's friend Shaakira walked onto the stage, flashing Naailah an apologetic smile.