57~What Could Have Been

I wake up in a small room. My clothes are slightly burned and my ring is still gone

I look around and see Ethan in the corner

I groan

"Don't act so happy to see me" I roll my eyes "she's awake!" He yells and Grayson comes to the door

There was a small window with bars on the door so you could see the other side. I put my hands on the bars "let me out" "sorry can't do that. You're under house arrest"

I turn to Ethan "then why is he here?" "Company" Ethan says with a smile

Looking at him makes me remember how he betrayed me

I raise my hand to hit him but he catches it. He forces my hand down and I try my hardest to fight him but I couldn't

He was stronger than me

"What did you give me?" "A little something from Olivia" Grayson says "you don't have strength, healing or powers in anyway so congratulations, you're basically a human"

Footsteps come from the hallway where Grayson was standing and Brie appears next to him. "This is for the best. You're becoming an unstable monster and this will fix you"

I fold my arms and feel my face scrunch up in confusion. "Unstable? Coming from the girl who hid her feelings about her best friend for years and had a meltdown when he declined her even though she knew he didn't like her back from the beginning. You're the last one who should criticize someone for being unstable"

She storms away and walks upstairs, Grayson soon follows. I turn to see Ethan throwing his arms in he air out of annoyance. "Great job. Now I have to hear her mope for the next hour"

Grayson's POV

I quickly walk upstairs and see Brie standing by the front door. "Brie look it's fine. You know she's not herself right now you shouldn't to listen to her"

I spoke to her but she kept her back toward me. I stepped closer "Brie?"

"I um...I have to go" she says in a very low voice. I step closer "Brie are you ok?"

She sighs and turns around. When she does I see the redness in her eyes and face. "Brie what's wrong? You know it doesn't-" "Yeah I know" "I thought you said you were ok?" "I am. I just...need some time ok?" She slightly smiled and I watched her open the door and walk out

Brie's POV

I knock on her open and wait for an answer. I heard nothing so I rang the door bell. Then I rang again. And again. And again. Until the door forcefully opened and she said "yes?"

"Oh hey. I was kinda hoping we could hang out tonight" I said hoping she would say yes. "Um Devion and I are kinda watching a movie right now" I felt my face fall and look at the floor. "Unless you want to..." I immediately look up and nod

"Ok. Come on in"

I walk inside and see Devion on the couch watching the movie. "We can talk in the kitchen" she said and walked me there

She sat at the dining table and I sat next to her. "So what's going on?"

"I just needed a place to think and you're the only person I can be around who won't drive me crazy"

A concerned look appears on her face as she leans in to talk "what about Grayson?" I shake my head "I can talk to him right now"

"What happened?" "Every time I'm with him I try to say to myself that I'm fine with him not liking me but I'm not. I'm so fucking crushed it's like a nightmare come to life. I want to be ok but I'm not"