Bucky speaks slowly to ensure she catches the words in the darkness, "Wait here for a moment, alright? I need to make sure it's safe."

Svet gives a quick nod, her words somewhat muffled by her coat as she says, "Da, Papa. I'll wait."

"Good girl." He softly kisses the girl's forehead before turning into the nearly pitch black alleyway.

He hasn't seemed as fearful of showing her the kind of affection any father would anymore. For a long while as Svet grew up, he just didn't remember how not to be rough and uncareful and so he avoided showing her any kind of affection at all. His hands had maimed, tortured, and killed and how to be gentle with his little daughter was not exactly on the repertoire of skills taught by HYDRA. Even what little amount there had been ceased completely after she was returned from the Red Room, both of them being scared of letting anyone know that the Soldier had remembered her. But the Soldier is being fought back now and Bucky Barnes is reemerging as best as he can.

After she watches her papa disappear, Svetlana lets out a white breath into the frigid air and adjusts her arms over her chest to keep in the warmth. Cautiousness immediately comes over her now that she's on her own. Her eyes narrow ever so slightly and she slowly steps backwards. She's forced to a stop when her shoulders are pressed against a nearby wall, allowing her to get a better view of the street without anyone sneaking up on her. Her oversized boots tap tiredly into the snowy pavers as she buries her nose and chin back into the coat, studying her surroundings. No one else is really on the street, everyone being held up within their own warm and cozy homes. Strings of lights decorate some of the rather empty shops that line the street. The colors of red, green, and white are strong and profound, making the girl smile a little.

Svet remembers her papa said today was Christmas.

She's not quite certain what that entails, but she can slowly figure out the traditions from the view she has through the glowing windows surrounding her. Large green trees stand in the corners of the windows and beautiful angels or silver stars stay at the tops. Ropes of popcorn curl around the branches as glittering ornaments hang from among the pines. Her eyes flicker with slight pain as she watches a young girl a few years younger than herself run over to who Svet assumes must be the girl's mother. The mother laughs and hugs the girl tightly, the both of them happily talking. The rest of their family stands around, embracing each other as mugs of something sweet and warm are passed around.

She can't help but wonder what Natasha, Steve, and Sam are up to at the moment. They're still in America, she assumes. Are they together celebrating this holiday with smiles on their faces? Are they safe? Do they remember her? Do they miss her?

A hand places itself on her shoulder, forcing the girl out of her thoughts.

She pulls back in defense before sighing in relief at the sight of Bucky, "Sveta? Ty v poryadke?" Sveta? Are you okay?

"Da, Papa. I'm fine." She nods quickly, but her eyes do dart back to the window where the family still celebrates, "Um, yes, is it all safe?"

He doesn't respond, his eyes following hers over to the large window. His face becomes distant and he breathes slowly in the cold. She forces a large smile as she takes his hand, raising her eyebrows in expectation. He looks back down at her, staying silent as he forces his head into a sharp and brief nod.

They don't discuss it further.

Two pairs of feet land silently as they climb into one of the unoccupied apartments Bucky scoped out. The father still stands slightly in front of the daughter, just in case he missed someone here before. While the spacious and actually very nice apartment is empty of any people, the place is full of an enormous amount of brown boxes. Eagerness takes over the girl, making her hardly care about the potential danger as she slowly leaves Bucky's side to curiously peer inside one of them. A collection of old leather bound books meets her and her eyes light up and she lets out a quiet gasp of surprise.