"Hand over the prophecy." Lucius commanded.

"If you do anything to us, I'll break it."

"Oh, little baby Potter know how to play." Bellatrix said, a menacing smile across her features.

"Bellatrix Lestrange." Neville said, looking at her.

"Longbottom? How's mom and dad doing?" She taunted.

"Better now that they're about to be avenged." Neville said, raising his wand. Cass holding his arm to stop him as Bellatrix raised hers.

"Everybody let's calm down, shall we?" Lucius said, raising his arm to hold Bellatrix back. "Just give us the prophecy, we won't hurt you. You and your friends will be free to go without a single scratch. Come on, Harry. Aren't you even a little bit curious the night your parents died? What the scar on your forehead really means? Just give me the prophecy, and I will answer every single burning question that's eating you away."

By now, more Death eaters had come and surrounding the group.

"I have waited fourteen years..." Harry started, as Lucius began drawing his hand out.

"I guess I can wait a little more."

"Stupefy." They shouted, aiming their wands toward the death eaters as they began to vanish.

They ran down the hall but the death eaters would appear in front of them, until they had eventually been brought to a room known as the death chamber.

Each of the death eaters held one of Harry's friends as Lucius stood in front of him.

"Did you really think that children like you could stood a chance against us?" Lucius asked. "Give me the prophecy or watch your friends die."

"Harry, no!"

"Don't give it to him Harry!"

Cass and Neville yelled out, only to be shushed by the death eaters that held them.

Harry hesitantly handed the orb to Lucius. As Lucius was reveled in his supposed victory, he didn't notice that a figure appeared behind him.

"Get away from my godson and let my daughter go." Sirius said, punching Lucius, causing him to fall and letting go of the orb, breaking it.

Cass smiled and breathed a sigh of relief as bright white lights appeared, each of the death eaters letting them go.

A few members of the order had arrived. Bright lights and sparks filled the room as members and death eaters dueled. Pieces of cement and rock and clouds of dust filled the room. Hermione and the others watched the scene unfold before them.

Sirius took Harry aside, "I need you to go and get the others out of here."

"No, I'm staying here with you." Harry protested.

"You've already done so much, Harry."

"But please, I-"

"You've fought beautifully, Harry. Now, let me handle this." Sirius said, grabbing Harry's shoulders and gave him a small, assuring smile.

"I just can't lose you, Sirius. I've already lost my parents, not you too." Harry said, still refusing to leave Sirius alone.

"You're not going to lose me, I promise. Just go. I've got this. Trust me." Sirius said, assuring Harry.

Harry reluctantly nodded and stepped away.

"And Harry?" Sirius called out, Harry turning his head back.

"Your father would have been so proud of you." Sirius smiled. With this, Harry reluctantly left to go find the others.

As Sirius was starting to fix himself up before facing Lucius, a voice called out from behind him.

"Dad."

"Cass, no." Sirius said upon seeing the look of determination on his daughter's face.

"I'm not letting you do this alone." Cass said, walking towards him.

"Cass-"

Before Sirius could even respond Cass had already began speaking, "I'm not leaving you here. You're not going to get rid of me."

"Merlin, you're stubborn." Sirius said exasperatedly.

"Got it from mum." Cass said shrugging.

Before Sirius could even open his mouth to tell Cass to go back and find Harry, a bright light had shot past them.Lucius sent another spell toward them which Cass successfully blocked. Sirius looked at her before sighing, "You better not tell your mother I let you stay."

Lucius now attacked the two with spell after spell which the two successfully were able to block, with Sirius even firing some more spells back. They dueled with Lucius and another death eater, each of them successfully being able to stand their ground.

Cass was able to throw off the death eater she had been dueling with and even managed to disarm Lucius. To which Sirius proudly shouted, "Ha! That's my girl!"

Sirius continued to duel against Lucius until he eventually defeated him. He turned his back to smile proudly at Cass for being able to fight amazingly, when she noticed that a figure was starting to appear in front of them.

Before Sirius could question what was happening, Cass quickly shoved her father aside. Her action caused Bellatrix's spell to not hit Sirius. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to move away quickly enough as she was hit by the curse that was originally intended for her father.

Sirius could only watch in horror as the color drained from his daughter's face and found himself unable to breathe properly as he saw his daughter falling down the veil that separated the world of the living and the dead. 

______

oh wow, it's been a while huh? at least he didn't die? thoughts?

epilogue coming soon.

see ya when i see ya,
arielle