We shared kisses on the cheek and released our arms.

"Draco simply wouldn't shut up about you this entire Christmas," she said. I giggled.

"Mum!" Draco exclaimed, turning red. She laughed.

"Go do something productive with your father, Draco, I want to talk with Hazel," she shooed. Once he reluctantly left with his father, she turned to me. "Hazel, I want to say how sorry I am for everything that happened at the Manor. I don't understand how you did it. You are such a strong girl. But I don't expect you to completely forgive my family's actions. However, I want to thank you for everything you've done to help Draco. He's clearly so much happier with you in his life again. This summer has been hard on our family and seeing him happier because of you brings happiness to me."

I gave a sympathetic smile. "I'm glad he's happier and same with you. I know the both of you were forced into your positions. Well, have a lovely time at the party."

We parted ways and I said hello to more of my friends including Viktor, who noticed Hermione with Ron. He seem fine though, as he brought a girl with him anyway.

When a happy song began to play, some of the younger guests went to the middle of the floor to dance. I saw George off to the side and decided to dance with him to try and lift his spirits. I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the middle of the floor. He smiled a little and we both got into it. I danced with my other friends like Hermione and Ginny but soon Hermione left to dance with Ron so it was just me and Ginny. After the next song, she left to find Harry and I was left to search for Draco. I found him on the deck of the mansion, looking out on my mother's garden. I had set up enchantments to keep it warm.

"Do you like Weasley?" he asked, not looking at my eyes. I looked at him quizzically.

"You know I like boys right Draco?" I questioned.

He rolled his eyes, "Not that one. The twin."

"Oh, George. No, he just looked lonely, so I went to dance with him."

Draco nodded, and we stood in silence.

"Come on," I said, grabbing Draco's hand and jogging out to the garden. We ducked into a small gazebo where I used to sit when I missed my mother. It was heated just like all the other areas of the house. I sat down on the bench and pulled Draco down next to me, putting my head on his shoulder listening to the peacefulness of the night.

"What's it like," Draco said out of the blue, "to be in love?"

His voice was barely above a whisper. I shrugged.

"Er— well, it's like you can't breathe without that one person, that without them, there's no way to live." I explained. "It's like you only see them, nobody else is there. And when you they look at you you get a feeling as if you could just melt, because they're so amazing. You're like, how did I get so lucky? You love them so much, and you look at them and instantly feel as if you're at home. They are your home. Sometimes they don't know that, but you do feel as if you can't breathe and you love it because you love them.

"And you just want them to always be happy, no matter what they've been through or are going through and you want to be the one that brings a genuine smile to their face."

In the distance from the house, I could hear people beginning to count down. I lifted my head from his shoulder.

"TEN, NINE, EIGHT..."

I looked up at Draco and our eyes met..

"SEVEN, SIX ..."

We began to lean in.

"FIVE, FOUR..."

I closed my eyes.

"THREE, TWO..."

"Atel! Atel!" came a tiny voice.

I jerked way from Draco. I knew that voice.

"ONE!"

And into view came baby Teddy. Drool running down his mouth and he had the happiest smile on his face.

"TEDDY!" I exclaimed. "What on earth are you doing out here!"

I ran over to the baby and scooped him up into my arms, bringing him into the warmth of the gazebo.

"Well Draco, meet your first cousin once removed. Teddy, say hi to Draco," I lifted Teddy's arm to wave at him.

Draco looked at the baby confusedly, probably trying to figure out how on earth this happy baby was related to him.

"Say hi," I instructed.

"Hi," Draco repeated.

Teddy's smile grew on his face and he laughed as he changed his hair to a platinum blond.

"TEDDY?!" I heard a woman shriek.

"Oh! Andromeda!" I shouted across my mother's garden. "I have him!"

I turned to Draco. There was panic in his eyes as he knew he was about to meet his other aunt for the first time.

She raced over and had so much relief.

"Oh thank you so much Hazel," she blabbered taking the baby from my arms, "I had no idea where he'd gone. It's a full moon tomorrow night and he's acting up. I'm probably going to give him chocola-"

She caught sight of Draco standing next to me and they made eye contact.

"It's nice to meet you Draco, other than by hearing stories of you," she said.

Draco nodded, "I could say the same."

There was an awkward silence.

"Well, um, thank you again Hazel. I'll bring him back—"

"Wait," Draco said hurriedly, "I know my family might not be very deserving of it, but... if there is any chance you would be willing to see my mother inside? I think it would mean a lot to her. She's suffering and I do my best to comfort her. I know that she misses you and Aunt Bella dearly."

Andromeda thought about it for a second, "I think that would wonderful. It's good time to reconnect after all of these years." She nodded with a smile and left.

"I can't wait to see more of him for the rest of break," I said bubbling with happiness.

"Don't go." The bubble popped. "Come to the Malfoy Manor with your dad. I need you. Why do you have to go to the Weasley's?"

"Draco, I found all the motherly love that was missing throughout my childhood there. It's one of my homes. I'm sorry, but nothing you do can keep me from going there. And imagine me going to the Manor. That place is full of nightmares for me."

His eyes were sullen and I felt terrible, but I had to do what I wanted. I walked up to him and gave him a kiss on the nose and hug before walking back into the Mansion.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•--•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

IK IK YOU WANNA KILL ME FOR NOT UPDATING AND I'M SOOOOO EVILLLLLLLL MWAHAHA.

ANYWAY: GUESS WHO IS SEEING CURSED CHILD IN NYC TOMORROW?!?! MEEE AHHHHHHHHHHH

MORE UPDATES SOON, I'M ON VACATION SO I'LL MAKE UP FOR LOST TIME.

Also: if any of you know if my book is being copied, please lmk asap.

LOVE YA ALL BYEEEEEEE