The Princess and the Meeting

Start from the beginning

"This food is amazing." Zelda said after she had finished her plate.

Sidon nodded. "I agree. I think I might get some more food." He added as Link was already getting up to get himself a second serving.

The feast went on for about another hour, by the time it was over Link had eaten three platefuls of food, he had felt starving after traveling all the way back to the domain with Zelda. Soon all of the zora people left the busy and loud dining room, but Zelda left with the royal zora and the zora elders to the meeting. Link watched them walk off and waited for the crowd leaving the huge room to die off. He soon the left out the door and made his way out of the domain and back to his horse. It had started raining hard, but Link didn't care.

Link was riding on his horse as fast as he could through the wilderness outside of the domain, having his horse carelessly jump over any obstacles that lay in their path. Link loved the thrill and excitement of just racing down the paths on his horse in such a reckless way, he wouldn't do this while escorting Zelda so it felt fun to just do it when he had the chance in his free time.

While Link's horse was in mid-air from a huge leap over a log, Link pulled back the string on his bow and aimed it straight at a lizalfo. He let go of the string and watched the arrow quickly whiz through the air and it hit the lizalfo square in the head. Link felt a spark of triumph as he watched the monster die in a poof of malice.

He kept riding and winding through the woods and the rainstorm on his horse like this, just easily killing monsters left and right.

Suddenly, while in a jump, his horse's hoof got caught on a log which sent Link flying forward and into the mud. His horse quickly stopped to avoid running him over as Link lay helplessly on the cold, wet ground. Link had landed roughly on his ankle and it seared with throbbing pain. The tiny hylian gritted his teeth a bit as he tried to get up, he pushed off of the mud but his hands slipped and he just fell flat in it once more.

His horse gave a sad neigh as it tried to nudge Link up with its snout, Link just lay there with shaky breathing as he felt defeated. The fall had also winded him and he couldn't do anything but just lay there pathetically with sopping wet hair and dirty clothes.

Eventually, Link had managed to stand up with the help of his horse. His ankle hurt so bad if he put any weight on it, so he pulled himself up onto his horse's strong, sturdy back but it took much effort. Link lay there in fatigued, just panting and in pain. Link coughed a bit, his chest felt sore from the fall. The horse soon understood the position Link was in and hurried back to the domain.

It was later that night, the meeting was over and Zelda was just speaking to Sidon in the main square of the domain. She was waiting for Link to come escort her.

"I wonder where Link could be, he should be back by now..." Zelda sighed. She felt worried about her knight and she just contemplated all the bad things that could have happened.

Sidon could see the worry in the princess's beautiful green eyes, he softly put one of his large hands on her slender shoulder. "It's alright, princess. I'm sure he'll turn up sooner than later." Sidon said with a kind, reassuring smile.

Zelda nodded up at him, Sidon's kindness did help her feel more at ease in this situation. "You're right, he often trails off like this while I'm in meetings."

As if it was on que, Link came back to the domain on his horse looking like an absolute mess. Mud was stuck to his clothes, his ankle was still twisted, and his hair was stringy and messy in his face.

"Link!" Zelda and Sidon both cried in unison, they ran over to the defeated knight on his horse.

"Oh, Link! Are you alright?" Zelda frowned, her voice and eyes full of concern. Sidon was standing beside Zelda, looking down at his wounded lover.