"I don't have a lot to say about macaroni." Con said rather indifferently.

"Don't listen to him." Claire patted Ashton on the shoulder. "Con rarely has anything to say to anyone."

Digging a fork into his plate of macaroni, Ashton commented with a smile. "Well you know what they say about quiet people."

That got a response from Con. "No. What do they say?"

"They say the quiet ones are the smartest." He said, bringing the forkful of food to his mouth.

.

.

.

.

When they finished their lunch, the three got up from their spot in the grass, with ten minutes of lunch time left. 

Claire dusted her uniform off quickly as a gasped escaped her lips. "Oh no, I forgot that I was going to meet with Anne-Sophie at lunch. She was going to help me with my French homework." Gathering her school bag, she ran off towards where the row of trees ended. Stopping dead in her tracks, she called out to the two boys, "I'll see you boys later. Oh ragu!"

She left Ashton puzzled with her last sentence. "Uh..." He began, "I didn't catch what she said last. Was she trying to say au revoir?"

The raven haired boy nodded. "Yes. She's really bad at French."

Con and Ashton watched as she ran towards the school building as fast as she could manage.

"Who's Anne-Sophie?" Ashton asked, curious.

"A French exchange student. My family does business with her family and so they decided to send her over here for a few months." Con explained.

"So, she's helping Claire with her French." Ashton concluded.

Con nodded in response.

The two stood there for several minutes, under the shade of the thick trees until Ashton spoke up, hoping to get answers about Con and Claire. "Do you love Claire, mate?" He asked.

Never taking his eyes off where she'd just disappeared, he shook his head in response. "Nah, man. I thought I told you we're just childhood friends."

But Ashton didn't completely buy his answer. "Because if you do," Ashton continued, "I'll back down right now and save myself a lot of trouble. I don't want to lose the two of you over something stupid, you're the only friends I have in this town. Besides, you two have known each other longer."

Con shook his head once more. "Claire and I are just friends." He assured ashton. "In fact, date her if you want, I could care less."

"Alright," Ashton sighed, "Then I think it goes without say that I intend to court her, and if she'll accept me, I will try my best to always make her happy. Of course, I'll need her father's permission to court her."

"Goodluck with that." Con said in amusement, slinging his schoolbag over his shoulder. "Claire's father won't allow her to date anyone he doesn't approve of. And he doesn't he doesn't approve of most guys who try to date his precious daughter. And another thing, Ashton." He told him, taking a few steps past him before pausing in his stride. "You're too trusting, mate. So, here's some free advice. Don't trust anyone."

He walked away, leaving Ashton there by himself, thinking of the advice Con had given him.

-

AS PROMISED, THE LATEST CHAPTER OF THE MAN IN THE MIRROR POSTED TODAY FOR MY LOVELY BBYS.

I DON'T THINK I HAVE MUCH TO SAY THIS TIME CAUSE I UPDATED THIS LAST NIGHT.

OH, JUST LETTING YOU ALL KNOW THAT I CREATED AN ELABORATE FAMILY WEB OF CHARACTERS IN THIS STORY WHICH WILL ALLOW ME TO CREATE MORE PLOT TWISTS THAT I HOPE WILL BLOW YOUR MINDS :D IN A TOTALLY GOOD WAY OF COURSE.

AND ANOTHER BIT OF NEWS!

SINCE TOMORROW WILL BE THE MEXICO VS. BOSNIA SOCCER GAME AND MY PARENTS ARE MEXICAN, THEREFORE MAKING ME MEXICAN-AMERICAN, I WILL BE IN AN EXCEPTIONAL MOOD TOMORROW, GIVEN MY BBYS CHICHARITO, GIO, ORIBE, RAFA, DIEGO REYES, HECTOR MORENO PLAY AND WIN. 

SOO...THERE WILL BE ANOTHER UPDATE TOMORROW (IF THEY WIN).

AND THAT GIVES WAY TO THE QUESTION OF THE DAY: ARE YOU GONNA WATCH THE FIFA WORLD CUP? IF SO, WHICH TEAMS WILL YOU ROOT FOR? I AM A BIG SOCCER FAN SO HERE IS MY LIST OF HOPEFULS. MEXICO (BUT WE ALL KNOW THEY'LL PROBABLY ONLY MAKE IT TO THE TOP 16 OR LESS), THE USA (BUT AGAIN, THEY'LL ONLY MAKE IT TO THE FINAL 8 OR LESS), FROM THERE, I WILL PLACE ALL MY SUPPORT ON SPAIN (CAUSE HAVE U SEEN CESC FABREGAS AND DAVID VILLA? SEX ON MUSCULAR LEGS), AND IF SPAIN WERE TO LOSE, I GUESS I'LL ROOT FOR BRAZIL (AND EVEN BETTER IF THEY PLAY MY BBY RICARDO KAKA).

SO YEAH.

THANK YOU FOR READING AND SUPPORTING ME.

I LOVE YOU ALL TO BITS.

-CLARY xx