Aurgh. I hate it when he does that. I told myaelf. But actually, I like it. No, I love it. But I can't say that to him seeing the situation I'm in.

I quickly rushed to the sleeping Alex and raised his head on my lap. I gently tapped his cheeks to wake him up. He just let out a growl.

"Alex..." I whispered.

Alex quickly shot his eyes wide open and sat on knees when he realized it was me.

"Oh my! I thought I was dreaming. Thank God your okay Darlene" he said anuggling his head on my neck. If his hands weren't tied, I'm sure he'd gave me a hug.

"Yes. Everything will be fine now. Don't worry" I told him.

Then I heard Spencer clear his throat as he stands rigidly at the corner. Eyeing me to push Alex away from me. Alex's eyes quickly landed to Spencer.

"Get out of here Darlene!" Alex shouted in total horrpr seeing Spencer.

"No, I'll get you out of here. Don't worry, he's not going to hurt you" I calmed Alex as he started to panic.

"You don't understand! He is dangerous! You should get out of here!" Alex said as he tries to push me away and run. I saw Spencer's face twitched.

"No, he's not going to hurt you. Right Spencer?" I gave Spencer a look and he nodded.

"B-but they are wolves! I saw them shift Darlene! They were huge wolves then they changed into humans!" he said.

"Alex, please calm down. They are friends" I said trying my best not to cry.

"Oh my! Don't tell me your one of them!" Alex said as he pulled himself from my hands and backed away.

"No I'm not. You know I'm not" I assured him.

"Then why are defending them? Why are you with them?" he asked with confusion all over his face.

"I don't have to explain. All I need is for you to safely leave this place" I said.

"Then come with me" Alex offered.

Spencer once again cleared his throat. I'm sure he doesn't like the idea of me leaving with Alex.

"I can't. But Alex, promise me you'll never mention what you saw in the woods to anyone" I said as I tried to loosen the rope around his hands.

"And that you'll never come back here" I said lowering my gaze.

"B-but.." he stammered. He is more confused than ever.

"No. I came here to bring you back home Darlene" Alex said as he found his words.

"No you won't" Spencer interrupted.

"Who do you think you are to meddle with us?! Darlene is my fiancee!" shouted Alex as he stood up with the loosen ropes around hia body.

"No she isn't anymore" Spencer smirked.

"You!" Alex said as he was about to lunge at Spencer but I quickly hold him off.

"Stop it, you too!" I said as I walk between the too.

"Why don't you tell your human lover?" Spencer teased me.

"Don't tell me what I'm thinking is true, Darlene" Alex gasped. I nodded as I saw his face covered with grief and sadness.

"I don't want this to happen. I just want you to be happy, Alex" I started. He just stood there motionless.

"I want you to leave this place and forget about me. Find someone who will love you more than I did. I'm sure you'd love her like the way you loved me. Or even love her more" I continued as tears start falling on my cheeks. Spencer came near me and hugged me from my back. Alex's face was painted with hurt when he saw Spencer's arms around my waist.

"Spencer will let you go, but promise me you'll never come back here" I said as I loosen myself from Spencer's hug and walk over to Alex.

"I-I can't" he murmured as he shook his head unbelievably.

"Please Alex. Do it for me" I said holding his hands.

"Darlene, you know how much I love you. And never to come back here? Does that mean I'll never see you again?" he replied. I nodded as I wiped away my tears.

"That's impossible Darlene. You can't do this to me!" his voice trembles as tears build in his eyes.

Why does it have to be this way? Why? I was questioning the heavens.

"The guards will bring you back to the border. Do not trespass again or else" Spencer warned Alex.

I walked beside Spencer. I gave Alex a final glance as we made our way out the room. Alex followed us, shouting my name, but the guards held him back.

It was a sorrowful scene. It was heartbreaking. I just let Spencer carry me bridal style as I wept on his chest.

If I want Alex to let go of me, then I have to let go of him first.

And that I did.

×××

How did this chapter go?

Hmm. Is it really a farewell?

Or what? *winks*

Anyway, thank you for reading.

Hope you liked it.

-M.M

The Kidnapped Brideजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें