A Mother's Love

Começar do início

She then gave the baby to the midwife and left the place seeing her son getting into the routine of a father very easily.

Prasanna sighed seeing Rajamata entering the palace secretly. She just got the news about the Devasena Amarendra's child through Kattappa. She looked down at her sleeping son.

"Nanna Bhadra! I dont have hopes on your father and the hopes I had on your Nannamma is diminishing with every passing moment. Looks like we should only do something."

"What would you do?"

Prasanna looked up to see Bhalla standing there.

"What?"

"You said you would do something? Planning to bring my brother back?"

"He and Devasena have self respect. So I know they will not come back here"

"Aha! You have understood my brother better but failed to understand me"

"I am not a snake charmer to understand them!"

"Ahh! Prasanna! So you were saying that you were going to do something?"

"The way they were sent out.."

"What else do you expect? He attacked the king!"

"Who was lusting over his wife"

"Maharani Prasanna Devi!"

"Sorry Maharaja! I am not blind. Unfortunately I have eyes"

"And a tongue"

"Fortunately I found it. So either you rectify your doings or it will not end well"

"Ultimatums!"

"Promise! And unlike you.. I keep them"

Saying she moved out to put her son back in his royal nursery leaving behind a fuming Bhalla.

Amarendra woke up startled as he heard the noise. He looked around and felt everything new. Then he saw the saree cradle and shook his head smiling. His son!

He rushed there and took him out. He walked around trying to calm him.

"Nanna! What happened Nanna? Edoku.."

Devasena chuckled sitting up. Amarendra scowled.

"I think he is hungry Amarendra. Ila ivvandi"

Saying she settled herself and Amarendra tried to help her.

"You go and freshen yourself."

"Ahh! Still bossy!"

Devasena glared at him. But both chuckled as Amarendra went to do his morning chores. He came back fresh and took his sleeping son put him on his lap. He saw Devasena sitting there, cupping her face that was glowing and her smile only made it more beautiful.

"Enti Devasena!"

"For all these months.. You fought with me for a daughter. But look at you caring for our son!"

"As I said already, girl or boy doesn't matter. He is our child. And he reminds me of you. He has your eyes."

"Babies change Amarendra"

She said chuckling.

"But his eyes will not and seeing all the trouble he put me through, I know he is going to be like you"

Amarendra winked. After 10 full moons of marriage and now after a son, her husband's wink still had the effect on her that her cheeks started warming up making Amarendra laugh happily. Not leaving the chance, Amarendra moved and gave her a peck on her cheek.