I suddenly felt extremely guilty. Not only for making him cry, but for exploding at him over the whole engagement thing.

I had to admit, he seemed happy with her. She seemed good for him. And somehow, I could feel that they were meant for each other. My own tears spilled over as I wrapped Tyler into a huge hug.

“Okay,” I mumbled into his shoulder.

“Okay?” He asked.

“Okay, I accept. I’m okay with you two getting married,” I said. Immediately he pulled back and stared at me with a huge grin.

“Really? Thank you so much!” He said. He actually did an excited little hop quickly. He reminded me of a child in a room filled with toys. He quickly gave me a huge hug before pulling me back downstairs.

I saw Noah first. He was still on the couch, but he had turned to face the stairs. When I came down with Tyler, his eyes flickered first to Tyler’s overjoyed expression then to my tear streaked face. I saw his jaw clench and he moved to get up but I shook my head. I tried to smile at him reassuringly.

“I’m okay with the marriage thing, but,” I announced and looked directly at Amelia, or Mia, as Tyler seemed to call her.

I said I was okay with the marriage, but that didn’t mean I wasn’t going to do what I’ve been waiting for my entire life. To embarrass Tyler. “Just so you know, he wasn’t potty trained until he was twelve and still occasionally wet the bed until he was-,” I was cut off but Tyler covering my mouth with his hand.

“She’s lying,” He said. Mia laughed along with Noah and Alice. I looked at Alice and tried to tell her to continue with my eyes.

“No, she’s not. I’ve known them since middle school,” Alice said and smiling innocently when Tyler glared at her.

I pulled Tyler’s hand off of my mouth.

“That’s not all. He still has his Barbie doll collection up in the attic,” I said quickly. Amelia laughed again and smiled at Tyler. Tyler’s face was tainted red with embarrassment.

“Okay, I’m taking you to a movie before Amber says anything else,” Tyler said and started to pull Mia out the door. I pretended to pout.

“But I haven’t even gotten started on how he wore eyeliner and blush for three years!” I called after them. About ten seconds later I heard a car engine start then fade away.

Alice and Noah were still laughing hysterically and after a few minutes I joined them. By the time we are all sober, it had been five minutes since Tyler and Amelia left.

“What are we going to do now?” Alice asked. I glanced at Noah but when I saw he looked blank, I shrugged.

“I don’t know,” I said. I looked around the room and stopped when I saw the TV.