The mother

Several months past, without being able to hear him, not even sense him. She felt like the connection between them was lost forever, and that was what scared her the most. The loneliness that she saw in his eyes still haunted her at night.

Rey procured to appear normal, approached and talked with everyone, but she tries very hard to avoid General Organa. She kept a secret her last contact with Ben, she worried the reaction that will get from the general.

The Resistance is still in a turning point, needing to hide in order to survive. Communication had been suspended. Once in a while, they sent ambassadors to old friends of General Organa, trying to find support. Thankfully Poe Dameron was able to establish a couple of alliances and obtained an old Phoenix and a C-ROC carrier. This makes the life inside the Millennium Falcon easier, all the personal was transfer to the new vessels and only Chewbacca and Rey were left behind.

A new roll is given to Rey. She will help Chewbacca retrieve supplies and ammunitions, travels that take time and distance from the Resistance. After some time, Finn noticed the detachment that started to form between him and Rey. He was busy too, but always tried to see and speak to her. In this regard, he is able to make a few of those travels in the Falcon to find out what was happening with Rey, but she was always absent, reading, meditating or sleeping.

She noticed the insistence, but couldn't reveal her real problem, not to him or anyone. Her true purpose is to find Ben, discover a way to establish one more time the connection. The Sacred Text didn't help her; she couldn't understand all the words by herself. She tries to find information about the First Order, but even in the obscure planets where they manage to find the supplies, none of them helps her reach to him. Rey felt defeated, hopeless.

At the return of their last travel, General Organa boarded the Falcon out of a surprise. Leia burst into the Crew Quarters, just at the moment when Rey was changing clothes. She was wearing Ben's medallion, since the day he gave it to her, she always had it with her. When Rey sees the general quickly tries to conceal the medallion. Leia closed the door behind her and sits in the bed. Her face showed how tired she was, but her eyes reflected tons of love and sadness.

-"I see that he gave it to you."- Said the General looking at the door, giving Rey the chance to finish. -"It was mine."- Leia says, almost like a whisper. Rey hurries to close her clothes sitting in the other bed, visible ashamed and surprised.

-"I came here because a needed to confirm some terrible news with you."- Leia continued the conversation. -"The Keepers of the Old Temple of Ahch-To were killed and all that was left on the island were destroyed."-

Rey didn't dare to speak; she was a witness of that. In an attempt to conceal her emotions, she looked down to her boot, like she was examining something: -"Wow... It's that so... it's very sad..."- Ventured to say, procuring to sound surprised and shocked.

-"You already knew it, didn't you?"- Leia asked, visibly offended by the lie attempt. Rey sensed the change of tone and looked at general's eyes. She feels so ashamed of lying to the person who had embraced her like family. -"I'm so sorry... Yes, I knew it."-

-"When did it happened?"- The General star to question her, she needed to assess the situation before deciding her future actions.

-"I believe that it was around 6 months ago."- Rey will answer only what it is asked. She doesn't want to enter in the details of the connection; it was too personal to her, too painful.

-"Did he order it?"- Leia asked without hesitation. Sensing the tension in Rey is able to predict the answer. That crushes her heart, for a second even lost all hope.

-"Yes."- Rey answered with some delay, it was a very uncomfortable situation. She knew that he will look bad, but it was the truth.

-"And that was the last time you saw my son?"- General Organa asked with pain in her voice, the possibility of losing his son forever overwhelm her. How many lives had been loose for her cause?