Bunnelby frowned, sensing her discomfort. "I'll give you some time alone."

"It's getting late..." Ash pointed out, looking at the sunset from one of the glass windows.

"Visit time is over, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause," Nurse Joy announced. The group sighed, worried. "It's time to go."

They all looked at each other, none of them wanted to leave, but they knew they had no choice, so they all (including Pokémon) started walking away towards the doors.

"C'mon, Eevee..." Serena signalled, making her enter her Pokéball. But it shook twice before the Pokémon came out. "Huh?"

Eevee glanced at the doors Pikachu had gone through. "Eev Eev! (I don't want to go!)" she cried.

"Wha一? You wanna stay, Eevee?" Serena questioned, confused at her behavior. "But I thought she didn't like Pikachu?"

"We must go, I understand you may be worried for him, but you can't stay," the honey-blonde girl told her gently. "...Or can you?" A small smile crossed Eevee's face.

"Eevee Ee! (I'll stay with Pikachu!)" she said, determined. "Eevee Eevee! (I'll keep him company!)"

Serena giggled a bit at her chattering. "So you really want to stay."

"That'd actually be a good idea!" Ash agreed, with a grin. "Pikachu tends to get nervous often when stuck alone at the Pokémon Center... having company would do him good."

"Well, considering how small and adorable一 Er, I mean, endearing, she is. Yes, she does have the right to stay for a night or two as long as Pikachu approves of it!" Nurse Joy chirped, raising a finger.

"Nice!" Serena gave the nurse a close-eyed smile.

"Take care of Pikachu and yourself!" Ash said, scratching her head affectionately. The nurse picked her up, taking her through the doors.

"Yes! Now I can stay close to Pikachu, so I can check if something else happens!" Eevee thought contently.

They all waved their goodbyes to the Pokémon as they exited the building. "Good night, Pikachu..." Ash muttered before closing the door behind him.

~

Pikachu slowly opened his eyes. He had passed out shortly after Ash picked him up. He gently tried to get up, move his completely sore body. "Dang. I still can't believe a single Quick Attack or Tackle could do this..." he cursed under his breath.

He really wanted to get back at that Pokémon. And his somberly bright Sylveon-like trainer as well. Ash probably had forgotten about them by now but he wasn't that dense. They were planning it.

Then he heard the wooden door open with a creak.

To his confusion, he saw Nurse Joy carrying Eevee in her arms and quietly putting her in the bed next to him.

"Pi... Pika Pika? (Um... what are you doing here?)" he asked confusedly. She tried hiding her face under her fluffy collar.

"Eevee asked if she could keep you company, that's why she's staying." Nurse Joy explained the situation.

"He's going to get the wrong idea... isn't he?" Eevee thought much to her embarrassment. Pikachu's eyes lit up like stars.