2)prowlers(2

I was at the entrance to the woods within fifteen minutes. I knew the way because I'd been to the woods lots of times before, as I loved it there. I visited the woods nearly every day.

But this time was different. This time it was night time. A cold and dark English night. And not only that. Something felt... Off. The woods no longer felt safe or friendly. They felt sinister.

I took a step forward and stopped suddenly. In the corner of my eye, I thought I could see the glint of eyes peering at me through a bush to the right. I turned my head toward it and squinted intently...

I heard a familiar voice call out from behind me.
"Danny, that you?". It was my Dad. He was standing opposite me, at the end of the street.

"Go away. I don't want to talk to you!" I shouted.
"Danny.." He replied in a hurt voice, taking a step forward.
"Go away!" I screamed, before launching into the woods.

Long grass wrapped around my ankles, pulling at my feet, but I kept going. Seeing my Dad got me so wound up. I just wanted to be alone and he wouldn't even allow that.

I continued to run for nine minutes, before nearly collapsing due to exhaustion. I leaned against a tree, slid down it and sat at its base for a while. Thinking.

I'd over reacted. I do it alot. I just couldn't stand them arguing all the time. And my Mum had hurt my Dad this time. I wondered how much longer they'd continue to argue. Would they eventually decide they weren't right for each other?

Tears began rolling down my face. I pulled my knees closer to my eyes and tucked my head between my knees. I cried loudly and hysterically for more than 5 minutes, before hearing a rustle in the bushes somewhere to my left.

I stopped crying and went completely silent. It was pitch black and my breath made steam in the frosty air. Squinting at the bushes to my left, I struggled to see more than faint outlines of leaves.

"Hel..." I choked. "Um, hello? Who is it?". Nothing answered.
" What do you want?", again nothing answered. Suddenly, I became aware of how utterly lost I was. How had I got there? Which direction was home in?

I had to get out. I stood up and  animalistic breathing abruptly sounded from all directions. I was surrounded.

I froze in terror. My heart skipped a beat and I nearly fell down again. I scanned the area around me obsessively, looking for whatever it was that had me surrounded. It was so dark that I struggled to see anything a metre ahead of me.

A twig snapped loudly, and that was the last straw for me. I had to get out. I panicked and ran forward. I got three metres, before one of the monsters lauched out of a bush and clamped it's jaw around my ankle. It wrenched me to the ground.

As I hit the ground, my head collided with a rock and everything went fuzzy. I couldn't see anything. It all went completely dark. I could only depend on my vision and feeling. And even those were now damaged.

Over the loud, high pitched buzzing noise in my ears, I could hear about a dozen monsters emerging from the bushes at once.

Their snarls and growls turned my blood to ice. I lay there, completely still, hoping they'd think I was dead. Tears streamed from my eyes and I was trying intensely not to shake.

The monster that had took me to the ground had took its sharp teeth off my ankle, but I could feel blood trickling from it. Whatever these things were, they were strong and had sharp teeth, and were about as tall as me.

My vision was coming back. I could now see a dozen dark forms crouched around me. They were completely still. As if waiting for something.

I heard a whimper, like a dogs, to my left and turned my head toward it. That was a mistake.
The second I moved my head, one of the dark shapes to my right moved as fast as lightning.

It was on me in less than half a second and bit into my waist, about an inch above my hip. My side exploded in agony. The bite was deep and already bleeding.

My vision had almost completely returned and looking around at these beasts, I was horrified. I was surrounded by a dozen massive wolves.

They tilted their heads up to the bright, white moon and deafened me with a howl louder than anything I'd ever heard before. They then all turned away from me and dispersed, leaving me alone.

Leaving me on the ground, unable to get up, slowly bleeding out from my side. I thought about whether I'd be found and what my parents were thinking, before my vision went dark again. I passed out.