~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ivar groaned as he continued to thrust into Kai. Her fingers dug into his back as her toes curled. Her head fell back as moans fell from her mouth. His thrusts got rougher and his hips smacked against hers. Ivar then rolled over, putting Kai on top. Sweat poured down their bodies as Kai moved hers back and forth. Ivar looked up at her as she looked down at him. Moans continued to fall from her mouth as she started to bounce on top of him. They both groaned as Ivar emptied his seed inside of her. She breathed deeply as she rolled onto her back beside Ivar. They both breathed deeply as they came down from their highs. Ivar then rolled on top of Kai and looked at her.

"What are you doing, Ivar?" Kai asked making Ivar smile.

"Something different." Kai watched as Ivar kissed down her body and got to her lower half. Ivar threw her legs over his shoulders and pulled her closer to him. Ivar smirked, and Kai threw her head back when she felt his mouth attached to her. She groaned as her back arched.

----------------------------

Kai sat next to Ivar as they and Hvitserk ate. Kai patted Fenrir's head as the large dog sat beside her.

"So..." Hvitserk started to say. "...the hunting party did not return today." Ivar continued eat, smacking his lips and licking his fingers. "I said the h-."

"I heard what you said." Ivar replied.

"We are almost out of food and there is sickness in the town. What are we going to do? We have to do something. The Saxons are in their own country. They can grow stronger while we grow weaker."

"What are you saying, huh, brother? That I was wrong not to negotiate with the Saxons and Ubbe was right?" Kai said smiled as she continued to eat.

"No."

"No? Are you sure?"

"Ubbe was wrong. That is why I didn't sail with him."

"Now you regret it?"

"I just said no. Ubbe treated me like his faithful little dog. I am no one's dog, Ivar." Ivar nodded his head.

"Woof, woof." Everybody started laughing and Kia just smiled as Hvitserk walked out. Kai smacked Ivar with the back of her hand. He looked at her. "What?" Kai just shook her head.

"As funny as that was, he is your brother, Ivar. He chose you over, Ubbe."

"Why do you defend him?" Ivar asked.

"Because he is your brother. Do you want to lose another brother?"

"Are you sure it isn't because of something else?" Kai looked at Ivar.

"Are you accusing me of being disloyal?"

"I see the way you look at each other."

"If you must know, Ivar, while you were ignoring me and fantasizing about Margarete, Hvitserk and me had our own arrangement. I needed satisfaction and he was the only I trusted to give it to me." Ivar looked away and scowled. "Do not get mad at him, Ivar."

"I know, it is my fault."

"It was not your fault, Ivar. I needed it and I got it from Hvitserk. There is nothing between me and Hvitserk. I think I have shown many times that I only care for you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Bracken and Bram finally came back to York after they managed to somehow survive and slip past the Saxons. They had a few rabbits but that was it.

Kai walked with Ivar and Hvitserk with her dog walking beside her.

"I don't understand." Hvitserk said as they walked through the streets.

"What is it that you do not understand, Hvitserk?"

"I do not understand why you pretend to burn our dead."

"It's part of my plan."

"What plan?" Ivar turned around to look at Hvitserk.

"Did you really think that I didn't have a plan? Of course, I have a plan. I'm a cripple not an idiot." Ivar turned back around and continued walking. "I found something out Hvitserk. The romans were very clever. My plan is based upon what I found out."

"What is it? I want to know."

"You will know my brother, in good time."

Bram and Bracken found Kai, Ivar, and Hvitserk. They handed the rabbits to Kai and she handed them to a slave to save them.

Kai stood with Bracken as the two of them practiced. They were both quick and very strong. Ivar watched from afar as Kai easily overpowered Bracken.

"Are you prepared for this battle again?" Kai asked as she helped Bracken to her feet. Bracken nodded his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Vikings all walked through the tunnels underneath York following through with Ivar's plan. They could hear the Saxons walking above them. The Vikings then made their way to the surface.

Kai appeared above the buildings with Bram and Bracken as the three began shooting arrows at the Saxons as Fenrir came running through the Vikings and stood at Ivar's side. The three on the top then made their way down and joined Ivar and Hvitserk. Kai directed Fenrir and the dog began attack people. Kai whistled for him to come back to her when Heahmund came on his horse. Fenrir returned to her side as Kai, backed by Bram and Bracken continued fighting as Ivar watched her. Kai whistled again and her horse, in his own body armor galloped as he barreled through the Saxons knocking them down.

Ivar stood atop of the walls as he ordered them what to do next. Kai made her horse go away and joined Ivar on the wall. Her face was covered in blood. Heahmund was finally over powered and Ivar and Kai made their way up to where the other Vikings were holding him.

"Heathen!" Heahmund yelled at Ivar.

"Christian." Ivar said softly with a grin.