8 - That's enough

Start from the beginning

“No.” He tries to curve his lips to form a smile. “No, it’s fine. It’s good to know that you’re excited with that.” Maybe Louis’ grades can start to be better by the change of ambient, Harry thinks. It sounds good for him. It sounds good because now Louis will be free from him at school and can finally make proper friends and spend more time with them. It’ll be good. For both. Maybe just for Louis. But Harry will prove him that it’ll be fine for him as well. “It’ll be fine.”

“No Harry. God, I’m sorry I didn’t–Jeez, I didn’t think about the fact that we’ll be in different schools now but-“

“Right, you didn’t…” Harry whispers and he suddenly doesn’t feel like finishing his cracker “You don’t need to apologise Louis, you know? It was obvious that this was going to happen. I mean, I’m not going to tie you up and not allow you to go to school” he laughs a bit but concern is written upon Louis’ face.

“I know Harry but… You’re going to be alone. That’s not right and it makes me feel-“

“Don’t.” Harry interrupts him once again “Louis I’ll be fine. I’m turning fifteen, god, I can take care of myself, no?”

No. Louis wants to answer but he doesn’t. Instead “I know you can.” Harry doesn’t believe those words so. “But will you? I mean, fine. Will you be fine?”

“I will.” Harry nods with a small smile. “I will and you will as well. And you’ll make new and proper friends. Promise?”

Louis’ bites the inside of his cheek. Leaving Harry alone in that school doesn’t make him feel okay, but “Promise.” He says “And you will as well… make friends?!” Harry doesn’t answer “Promise.”

Harry shakes his head “Can’t promise it.” He knows. Louis knows.

“I won’t leave you though. Nothing will change and I will keep an eye on you. It’ll be almost as if I was there” Louis smiles and this time Harry nods. He knows. Harry knows he will.

~*~

"Good morning"

“How was your day?”

“Be careful”

“Text me when you get home so I know you’re safe”

“How are you?”

“I hope you’re feeling better today”

“Have a good day today!”

“I miss you”

“Good night”

“Can you come over?”

“Can I come over?”

“Can I see you?”

“Can I call you?”

“You’re beautiful”

“How is your day so far?”

“It will be okay”

“I’m here for you”

“Do you need anything?”

“I just wanted to hear your voice”

These are some of the good amount of messages Louis starts to send to Harry through the weekdays when school starts, two months later. They spend less time together now – not that they don’t see each other often through the week. They do, but they were used to see each other constantly so there is a bit of a difference now – so Louis needs to make sure Harry is okay. And Harry is happy for it. He loves Louis’ messages and most of his replies are as special as