Chapter 2

I wandered through the halls of Jefferson Middle School, my head spinning. I couldn't hear anything going on around me, I couldn't see anything in front of me. My thoughts echoed through my head. Did I like Cyrus? I didn't think so. I couldn't be gay, I like girls. I don't like Cyrus.

Well, I do. But not in that way. I mean, he's nice. He's cool. I love being around him. I love seeing him smile. I love hearing his laugh. But, I love all of these things about Andi. I love them more. I like her...

I like her hair. She has cool clips in it. But it's not long like Amber's. And it doesn't look as nice as Cyrus'

I like playing frisbee with Andi. But, she doesn't like it. But, Cyrus does.

I like the bracelet Andi made for me. She's creative and likes making things. And they're really cool. But, that's really all she's done for me. Cyrus does so much more voluntarily.

Andi's a girl. I like girls. Well, I thought I did. I like touching them. I had never thought about touching a boy. I think I'd like it. I've never done anything with Andi besides hold her hand. I like touching Cyrus, though. I always try to touch him. Whenever we touch, I want it to last longer. It feels like there's a spark. He's so warm and he makes my heart flutter. Whenever Andi and I touch, I feel awkward and I want it to end. But we have to touch, right? And I shouldn't touch Cyrus.

I kept walking and glanced to my left, realizing I had past my locker. I turned around and came face to face with Buffy. She dropped her water bottle and bent down to pick it up, muttering, "Watch it." I rubbed my eyes and watched her stand. She still had anger in her eyes, but when she looked at me, it cleared. Her face became full with concern.

"Are you okay?" She asked, placing her hand on my shoulder.

I held my breath and looked over at the hand and then back up at her. I nodded and pushed past her, speed walking away before she could say anything else. I heard her call my name, but I kept walking and ducked my head to avoid the eyes of my classmates.

As I kept walking, I was looking around to make sure I didn't miss my locker again. As I walked, I looked up and saw Cyrus walking by himself. I smiled and yelled, "Hey Cyrus!". He turned and smiled, waving goofily. I watched him as he walked away, still smiling to myself.

Oh my god.