Why The Country?

I ran through the glistening forest, my blood red lace dress flowing behind me. My knife was kept safe in my ankle pocket. I swerved in and out the barked trees, not looking back.
He was coming up behind me at full speed. I carried on running at a rapid pace.

"Hey slow down you!"
The voice was soft and playful.

"No chance!" I yelled back at the boy.

My golden red hair swaying as I ran created a dazzling light. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder grab me. I fell on my back, the boy on top of me.

"Ha! Got ya!"

I rolled over and pinned him down.

"Got ya!"
I placed a soft kiss onto his mouth in mid laugh. I rolled off him, leafs dropping from my hair. We sat together for a few minutes and enjoyed our company.
.....
Ok, ok. Maybe I should start from the beginning. You see, ever since Robin came into my life a year ago the world has become an adventure. Even though my life in London was memorable, I still didn't feel right til I came to Moonacre.
I left with my guardian, Miss Heliotrope a year ago (I was just celebrating by 15th birthday) when my farther passed away. I went to live with my dear uncle in the midst of the country side. I mean, I hated the thought of moving (especially to the country). All my father left me with was an old book, passed down in the family for years. I didn't know it but that was the time when my life changed forever.

To Be Continued...