Chapter 6

I closed my eyes and let the cold breeze against my face giving me goosebumps. I sung 'safe and sound' by Taylor swift. For some reason it calmed me down, and I felt like I could relate to it. I don't know why.

"Just close your eyes" I sung closing my eyes, I felt my eyes tearing up, they always did that when I sung this song. I fought them back, I hated crying. It made reminded me of the sadness with in me. I've always had depression even when I was adopted. But this voice told me to be strong and be happy. So I putt on a mask everyday, I hated fighting, and I rarely get mad at Jason. But I snapped.

I finished singing, and wiped away the stray tear on my cheek. "Your can sing?" I spun around and saw Damian in the door-way. I looked at him with wide eyes and a open mouth. "No" I said crossing my eyes. "Then what where your just doing?" He said raising a eyebrow. I closed my mouth, and shrugged. I stepped back inside closing the doors. I looked outside once again then turned around. I gasped when I saw Damian in-front of me. 

He narrowed his eyes at me and I looked down. "You where crying" He said. "No I was not" I said shoving him away. "Don't lie, it won't work" He said. "Shut up, I wasn't crying. Why are you hear anyway?" I asked trying to change the subject. "I herd you singing, and I-" he cut himself off. I turned around. "You~" I asked. He looked down then back up at me. "Dinner's ready" He said walking away. Once he left i threw my arms up in the air and rolled my eyes. 

I walked out of my room and to the dinning hall. I pushed the doors open and saw everyone sitting at the table. I took my seat 3 down from Tim, Jason looked at me I ignored him. I looked at Damian and saw him just eating. I ate a piece of  my steak and ate in silence. This is so awkward. I ate barley half of my  steak, and and salad. I set my fork down and asked if I could be excused. Bruce nodded and i left back to my room.

Bruce's P.O.V

"What happened to Nova?" He asked. "I followed her around today because, I wanted to make sure she was alright. She found out and got upset, she would usually be fine by now" Jason said. I looked over at her plate and saw it was barley touched. "Does she normally not eat a lot?"  I asked. "Ya, she never had a big apatite, she used to not eat at all" Jason said. "What happened in her past, do you know?" I asked him. 

"All I know is that, she was placed in the orphanage when she was two years old. She doesn't know her past, neither did anybody else. She was found in a burnt down home, both her parents dead" Jason said. "Hm" I said.

Nova P.O.V 

I  walked into my room and shut the door laying on my back. I herd a knock and said a light 'come in' Jason came in. I sat up looking at him. "Hey" He said. "Hi" I said back i sat cross-legged on my bed he sat next to me. "Listen, I'm sorry I followed you, I do trust that you can protect yourself, but i still fell like you will get hurt. I will try to loosen the reins just a little" He said. I smiled and nodded. "Thanks Jay" I smiled. I hugged him and he rubbed my head. 

"I'm gonna go to bed, it's been a loooong day" I said. He nodded and left the room. Titus walking in after him. "Hey boy" I said patting my bed he jumped him and laid next to me, I breathed out and fell asleep.

Damian's P.O.V 

I walked to Nova's room, I wanted to know more about her. Her back story interested me, she interest's me. Todd say's she goes to GA but i never see her there. I knocked on her door but herd no answer. The door was creaked open so opened it. I looked inside and saw her asleep on her bed, Titus laying next to her. I walked in and looked at her face, she was so peaceful. The moon light made her pale face glow. I realized i was staring and shook my head. I placed a blanket over her and left.

"What where you doing in my sisters room?" Jason said glaring down at me. "None of your concern Todd" I said walking away to my room. What's this weird felling in my chest?