"Um hi"

"A serious girl, when she finds someone who calms her spirit and quiets her busy thoughts, will love you so fiercely, it will defy her own logic and reasoning" 

Tory's POV

It was finally Rory and my last day at Stars Hollow High before heading to Chilton on Monday. To be honest, I was a bit sad to leave Stars Hollow High, but at the same time I knew this would be best for both of our dreams.
Rory and I were very different, but in some ways eerily similar - typical of twins. While we were both very serious about academics and smart, Rory wanted to become a journalist while I wanted to be a surgeon. We both loved reading, but she wanted to take that passion further rather than myself who was fascinated with medicine and wished to help people directly. 

Rory and I were emptying out everything in our lockers, while Lane stood and talked to us. She was upset that we would be leaving her 'all alone', but very excited for us to go to this new school.

"I'm going to head home and walk with Lane, I'll meet you there" Rory said, as I was clearly taking more time than her to clean out my locker. I nodded, and waved them goodbye before cleaning my locker out some more.

"God you're like Ruth Gordon just standing there. Make a noise" I said, looking at a pair of long legs. I had finally finished cleaning my locker but dropped something, and almost bumped into someone.  
"Rosemary's baby" the guy said, and I looked up at him in awe.
"Yea" I said, too stunned to say much else as I looked at the extremely handsome guy in front of me and stood up. He had chestnut brown hair, and beautiful eyes. 
"It's a great movie. You've got good taste" he said, as I just smiled and stood up. I didn't know what else to say, so I just looked back down at my books. 

"Are you moving?" He asked.
"No, just my books are" I said, as a simplified way to explain the situation. Well, that wasn't a stupid thing to say. I swear, I'm smart. 
"My family just moved here from Chicago" he said.
"Chicago...windy, Oprah" I said listing things I knew. This was getting really awkward. 
"Yea, that's the place.... I'm Dean" he said, stooping a bit to see me eye to eye.
"Hi...oh Tory. Me, that's me" I said awkwardly.
"Tory" dean repeated.
"Well Victoria technically" I said, and Dean smiled.
"Victoria, I like that" he said.
"It's my mothers middle name too. She named my twin sister and I after herself. She was lying in the hospital bed thinking how men name boys after themselves al, the time you know so why couldn't women? She says her feminism just kinda took over, though personally I think a lot of Demerol also went into that decision...." I ranted, before looking at him again. "I never talk this much" I added nervously.
"Well I better go, I have to go look for a job" dean explained.
"Okay good" I said, as he then walked around me, as I stood there thinking for a moment. "You should check with Ms. Patty"
"What?" Dean asked, turning around and stared at me. 
"About finding a job. You should check with ms. Patty. She was actually on broadway once" I said.
"I don't really dance much" dean replied confused.
"No, she just kinda knows everything that's going in in town. She'll know someone's looking" I explained.
"Oh great. Thanks" he said, thankful. "Hey what are you doing now?"
"Nothing...much. I should throw this away at some point" I replied, distracted by the paper.
"Well maybe you could show me where this miss Patty's place is?" Dean asked with such a cute smile.
"Yea I guess so. I really don't have anything important. Let's go" I said, as I went to pick up my other books but Dean got them before I could. I looked at him, smiling.