Chapter 1

Stephanie's pov:

i wake up feeling refreshed and confident but then i remember i have another traumatizing day of school. i roll out of bed to see a note from my mom reminding me that i have to walk home today. Of course she has a job interview later today after not working in an office for the past 7 years. i realize its already 7:30 and i need at least 20 minutes to walk to school. i dont bother with what im wearing today it doesnt matter anymore. i wear a random pair of jeans with an old coldplay tee and white converse. i make myself a big breakfast because i hate everyone at my school and i dont give a shit about their opinions. im underweight i get bullied by the whole school for being a fat ass. im finally ready after applying very little make up i dont bother covering most of the bruises because everyone knows anyway even the teachers dont care and look the other way. on the way to school i see all 7 of my bullies they are Jack Johnson, Matthew Espinosa, Nash Grier, Cameron Dallas, Taylor Caniff, Aaron Carpenter, and Carter Reynolds. they have no reason to bully me it all started it 9th grade we were all best friends with Shawn Mendes too but he moved to Canada and Jack Gilinsky moved to Nebraska. we are all in 11th grade now and the bullying has just gotten worse over time. i hear honking and remember were i am the middle of a street.

when i get to school i only have 5 minutes to go to my locker then get to class. when i get to my locker i see that someone wrote slutty ass whore it bloody red spray paint. i decided i had to clean it later in order to make it to class on time. i opened my locker and grabbed my supplies for 1st period history which Jack, Matt, Carter, and Aaron were all in with me. when i get to class theres a note on my desk

why dont you make yourself history and die already

sincerly, Aaron and rest of school

i know i should be used to it by now but it still hurts. i never bother listening in class the teacher is old and takes forever to finish a sentence. i randomly hear the teacher calling my name and asking me to read my essay about the holocaust. i go to the front of the room and read my paper. when im finished the whole class starts to boo me and throw papers at me Carter even threw a newly sharpened pencil. i feel like crying and run out of class as soon as the bell rings. in the hallway i see Cameron with Nash and Taylor all walking around as if they own the school. Cameron sees me and drags me to the spot behind the school were them and all their friends hang out. they just hold me back from running calling me names while they wait for the others. after a few minutes they decide they have no patience to wait and Nash holds me back while Taylor punches me in the stomach again and again. i fall from Nashes grasp and by that point everyone else has already arrived. Cameron was about to pick me up so one of them could finish the job but instead they all start kicking me. i felt hot sticky blood coming from my nose and mouth also my ribs felt broken. i was finally too weak to move and laid on the ground helpless. after a while they got bored and the bell rang leaving me there to bleed. i stayed in the same spot until lunch because i knew they would go back there to hang out so i decided to blow off the rest of school and go home. i walked all the way home covered in dried blood and tattered clothing. when i get home i check my ribs and sure enough they are really purple-ish dark blue and black. i take a long hot shower being careful with my injuries. when i get out i throw on sweats and a tanktop so i can go to sleep even though its only 1:36 i have nothing better to do.

i wake up at 6:00 starving remembering all i ate was breakfast. i go to the kitchen and make myself some mac n cheese. after i eat i look at myself in the mirror thinking maybe if i looked different i wouldnt get bullied. i ran to my room to change and take out my savings. i walk to the mall and first go into the salon. the lady asks me what i would like done today. i explain that i wanted to cut my hair a little and dye my naturally blonde hair brown. half an hour later i walk out feeling perfect so i decide to go home. i went to sleep hoping they would not bully me or even hopefully not recognizing me. i hear my mom come inside the house at around 10:00. im too tired to go see though so i just listen to her walk around the house from my room.

===============================================================================