Young and Beautiful (Sadstuck!DaveJade songfic)

I've seen the world
Done it all
Had my cake now
Diamonds, brilliant
And Bel Air now
Hot summer nights, mid July
When you and I were forever wild
The crazy days, city lights
The way you'd play with me like a child

A solitary tear slid down Jade's cheek. She knew that soon her pain would end, and she wanted her hidden feelings to be known before she....

Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?

She was now full-on sobbing, slightly regretting her decision. No. They hurt me, she thought. She continued scrawling the words on the piece of paper that would amount to so much.

I've seen the world, lit it up
As my stage now
Channeling angels in the new age now
Hot summer days, rock 'n' roll
The way you play for me at your show
And all the ways I got to know
Your pretty face and electric soul

Dave. Part of the reason she was doing this. He obviously didn't care about her, but...she cared so much about him. But, he dropped her for the bad crowd, people who didn't think of Jade as a real person. He threw their friendship away...just as they were going to get serious. He even teased her, beat her, and deteriorated her self esteem with them. I have to do this, the young girl, who used to have a sparkle in her eyes, thought.

Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?

She knew that her actions will hurt some, especially her grandfather. He will never forget me, the brave girl thought. And her brother...whom she rarely saw when she was young. Will Dave miss me??, she pondered. No, she concluded. Her unanswerable question was answered.

Dear lord, when I get to heaven
Please let me bring my man
When he comes tell me that you'll let him in
Father tell me if you can
Oh that grace, oh that body
Oh that face makes me wanna party
He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds

Her last letter was almost complete, but one part of her never wanted it to. Jade, he HURT you, an internal voice screamed. They all hurt you. Your so called mother, your so called "Dave", your so called friends. The internal voice raged on and on, raising Jade's anger. The final sentence. She shook as she wrote it.

It said

"I love you and...I forgive you."

Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will
I know that you will
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?
Will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?

As the young,brave,beautiful, battered, bruised, broken girl set down the pen, a river of tears and pent up anger flowed down her face. I must do this, she thought. She slowly picked up the hunting rifle she treasured...
Looking straight into the dark place where the bullet would come through, she whispered her last word : goodbye. Trembling, she pulled the trigger.