Lois followed him with the patches.

As soon as his canine companion walked into his room, Stewie's eyes widened with joy. Until that so called mother came in there as well.

"Brian has a really important thing to say to you" she spoke.

"UUUGH! I want only the dog in here! Go away!" he railed against her, shaking his little fist.

That didn't prevent her from placing a band-aid on his elbow.

The animal watched the scene happen in silence. He was amused.

"There we go! That should do it!" Lois stated, embracing her son in caresses and giving him a kiss on the forehead.

The kid went "AAAAAH!" in his head, but that didn't work. Not at all.

He laid there, covering his face with his good arm, waiting for that fiend to go away.

"Okay, I guess I'm leaving you two to your own business!" the woman chuckled.

As she stepped on the door threshold, she gave the dog a quick stare.

"Don't even dare to hurt him again!" she sentenced.

The door closed.

Brian gazed at Stewie's almost motionless body: his right leg was held up by a band tied to the side of the crib and his casted right arm was immobilized near his tiny chest. The left part of his body was in much better conditions and his oval-shaped head laid still on the pillow.

Rupert was faithfully by his side, watching over him,

"So, uhm, how are you doing?" the dog embarassingly broke his long silence.

The newborn glared at him, "are you dumb? How could I be doing?" he replied angrily,

"Yeah, I guess you're not doing so fine..." his friend observed, waving his tail back and forth.

"Is this what you wanted Brian?" the baby asked with an aggressive tone. He gazed on him for a few seconds.

Brian muttered an answer that seemed a sort of "No", but he immediately ate those words: it hurt to admit that he had exaggerated, too.

"You could say that, I guess" he discouragely admitted.

"AHAHAHA! I knew it!" Stewie laughed, making a big voice.

"What are you doing? Apologizing now? I didn't say sorry, you know?" he added.

The dog brought his left paw to his chest.

"I clearly was mad at you for what you did but...I made you pay twice the price I did"

He then bowed his head, closing his eyes.

"And I just wanted to make it clear that I am sorry that I did this...I was a fool" he stated.

Stewie felt a rush of adrenaline inside of him, but stayed composed.

That's when the dog turned to him again, "It's not like you didn't do any wrong though! What you did to me was horrible!" he shouted angrily, tugging the bed towards him.

"Why didn't you say sorry during the plane trip?"

The bed shook a little bit, causing Stewie to feel a bit of pain.

But seriously, he would have never really apologized to that dog. He feared they could split up with the excuse of Brian seeing him as violent and creepy. And besides, he needed him in his life: that's why he let him take his revenge after all. He simply knew he loved it when Brian consistently thought of him, therefore he let him plan his revenge everyday, knowing that, sometime, the awaited blow would have arrived. Brian's presence felt fundamental to him, not to mention when he took care of him. That felt just so amazing.