dos

friday

Today all my friends were throwing me a going away party. I was leaving tomorrow. Most of my stuff is in cali, and for the last 4 days i've been sleeping at sophie's.

"you ready for the party?"sophie asked me as i walked into her room."nope, i have NOTHING to wear" i complained running a hand through my hair.

I fixed my boyfriend jeans as i looked in the mirror. Sophies  bellybutton ring that we got over the summer was visible. "your belly button ring!" i pointed and laughed. "you took yours out!" she wined. "Wel it got infected" i laughed as we finished touching up the makeup.

someone  was hosting my party so we drove to their house. As we opened the front doors music was blasting and everyone was holding a red solo cup. I felt my heart race because of the 100's of people that were here.

"girls!" i screamed as me and soph ran over to. Cathy, Marie, Jordan and violet. "Ruby!" they all yelled as everyone hugged each other. 

"lets make this one count" sophie said as we all got drinks and danced to the music.

The night was so fun, i got to spend my last night having so much fun with my bestfriends. That im going to miss so much.

We jumped into the mosh pit of guys jumping and all laughed as i felt my eyes starting to get glossy. I never wanted to leave. I wish i didnt have to.

-

"i love you guys," i said as i put my arms around the girls as we walked out. "we love you ruby, " everyone said.

-

"this isnt goodbye" i said hugging sophie in the airport. Tears filled my eyes. "im going to visit you soon rube, i promise" she said into my ear.

"a new life, and im gonna go to college with you.. remember our plan from freshman year" she said winking and grabbed my hand. "i love you soph so much" i cried. 

"cmon ruby we are gonna miss our flight,' my mom called to me as i looked back holding upp a finger signaling one minute.

"you're going to make great friends, but nobody to replace me" sophie said making me chuckle. "remember open you options, not all boys are assholes, so hopefully you will meet a guy, be confident, dont be a slut or a hoe, please dont have sex yet wait" sophie rambled on.

"no more brandon" she also said and i laughed

"girls hurry it up!" my dad called.

We hugged one more time. "i love u rube, dont forget that i will always be your best friend. We are so past friend, you're my sister, you're family," sophie cried into ym shoulder.

"bye soph i love you," i said crying walking away. 

I looked back to see sophie covering her face as the tears streamed down my face.

My mom hugged me and whispered into my ear. "a new life"

-

I put my hood up and my sunglasses on as we walked out of the airport. The sun was shining hard on the city of Los Angeles.

I never got to see the house until now. It was a big white house in a cute neighborhood. 

I walked in to see a decorated house a marble kitchen island table. It was huge. In New York, our house really wasnt that big, this big i mean-wow.

"dad.. did you steal this house? " i chuckle exploring this large house. "no, honey i got a promotion, thats why we moved here," he laughed.

"where's my room?" i ask as he points up the stairs. My mom did all the decorating so i had no idea what to expect.