2: I Will Always Protect You

As they travel back to their B&B, Harry absentmindedly runs his hand up and down Adelaide's arm as she cuddles into him.

After their encounter with Sabinè, they never laid eyes on her again and Harry was able to ensure Adelaide enjoyed the rest of the evening's festivities.

Harry had cornered Alexander and asked why he had invited her along, knowing Harry's history with Sabinè, but one look at the blank expression on Alexander's face confirmed he hadn't actually invited her at all.

He was quite mortified when he found out she'd been at his party, having never liked her at all, in fact, apologising profusely to Harry and Adelaide when he had been told, going so far as offering to rip her head off if he laid eyes on her.

The carriage pulls up to the B&B and Harry hops out, tipping the driver handsomely before assisting Adelaide out and into the small cottage.

With a lazy wave of his hand, Harry ignites the candles placed around the room before sliding his jacket off and sitting it over the back of a chair.

Adelaide continues to walk through into the bedroom and goes to untie her mask from her face.

"Don't," Harry says as he walks up behind her, "leave it on."

His nose nuzzles into the side of her neck as he inhales her scent, causing his eyes to roll back as her scent intoxicates him, makes him dizzy.

Makes him desire her.

Want her more than anything.

He reaches up and unties the ribbon in the back of her dress, slowly pulling it apart until the smooth, supple skin of her back is exposed to him.

He lowers her dress so that she can step out of it, leaving her standing in her heels, knickers and corset along with her mask.

"Leave just the corset on love," he whispers in her ear before moving away from her to undress himself, the warmth of his breath sending a delicious shiver down her spine.

Adelaide watches Harry unabashedly as he sheds his clothes, never tiring of seeing the beautiful lines of his body, the way his muscles flex with even the gentlest of movements, the black etchings that adorn it, etchings that she has traced with her fingertips and her tongue, much to both his pleasure and hers.

Harry moves to stand in front of the edge of the bed, his eyes resting firmly on the beauty in front of him before he smiles at her, beckoning her to come to him.

"I can see you're still uneasy," he says as he runs his hand in a comforting gesture up and down her arms, "I promise I will always protect you if need be," he reminds her.

"I know," she smiles up at him, "she's was just very intimidating."

"That she is," he replies, "she is many things, has many things, but you have one thing that she does not."

"What's that?" Adelaide asks.

"Me," Harry grins, "you have me."

Adelaide lets out a small laugh.

"I do," she says, reaching up to touch his face gently.

"Now," Harry raises his eyebrow, "how about we see what I can do to relax you and take your mind of such things..."

Harry leans down and captures Adelaide's mouth with his, the kiss starting off slow and unhurried before Adelaide's hands reach up to grasp Harry's hair, tugging fiercely on it.

Harry smiles into the kiss before moving his mouth along Adelaide's jawline and down her neck, moving lazily over the mounds of her breasts sitting over the top of the corset.