two

Newt's eyebrows were knitted together, sweat was dripping from his forehead. The sandy blonde haired boy was panting slightly as if he had been running to get to the Homestead as fast as possible. His gaze shifted from Ben to you, who was sprawled across the floor. He quickly knelt down next to you but you scrambled away from him before his arms could reach you.

"Don't touch me!" You screamed, backing up against the wooden walls.

"Y/N, calm down, love," He said in his soft accent.

"Don't you dare call me love when I mean nothing to you!" You spat, making Newt's brown soft eyes shift from you to Ben.

"Don't believe a word he say's Y/N," he spoke with a calm tone, trying to ignore the screaming of Ben's.

You shook your head, more tears spilling from your eyes. Your breathing became shaky as you stared at your best friend. His blonde hair was stuck to his face with the sweat from trying to strain out of the chains grip. You held your hand to your mouth as you watched him try and break free once more.

Slowly but surely, Newt had limped his way over to you. You stared into his chocolate brown eyes, his arms slowly wrapping around your shoulders but you shove him off. He looked slightly hurt from the rejection but you didn't care.

"I'm not some object!" You screamed, making your way to the side of Ben.

"Bloody hell, you are not an object to me Y/N! You are my shucking girlfriend!" He screamed in frustration, making you jump slightly.

Newt shook his hand and brought his thumb and forefinger to the bridge of his nose. He rubbed it for a moment and then looked back towards you. Newt then glanced back towards Ben who was watching with a sly grin on his face.

"You're really going to believe this guy," Newt said, pointing towards Ben.

"He's my best friend," You screamed back. You know you sounded crazy but you were sleep deprived. You have barely closed your eyes in the past three days.

"He's sick!" Newt said firmly, ripping up Ben's shirt and showing his wound.

"I know! Don't you think I shucking know! It's my shucking fault too!" You cried turning around and punched the wall so hard that it felt like you broke your hand.

"Hey, hey, Y/N," Newt had softened his tone and made his way to your side, "It's not your fault, not one bit is this your fault."

For the first time in the past three days, you let Newt touch you. He hesitantly wrapped his arms around your shoulders. It took you a few moments but you relaxed into his embrace. You felt at home in his arms, they comforted you.

He let go of you. You wanted him to grab you again and hug you tighter. He just took your good hand and brought it to his lips and pecked it.

"You did everything you could, love. You stayed by his side for the past three days, I don't think he could ask for a better best friend," and just like that he kissed the top of your forehead and pulled you into the hug that you have been longing for the past few moments.