I shook my head and we walked some more. "You know him from school or something?"

        "Yeah. All the classes are really small, so all us seniors will have every class together, like I had with him this past year. You will too. So, you've just been invited to a party at the pack house by the top dog and it's only your second day here. How does it feel?"

        "Kinda great actually. What's the pack house? Is it like a club or something?" I ask curiously.

        "No, actually, it's a house. Rhys and his friends hang out there a lot and sometimes they throw parties. What you have been invited to is the Summer Bash. Piratically the whole school'll be there," he said.

        "You think they'll like me at the new school?"

        He looked down at me with a cute smile, "Trust me. They'll love you."

~~

        "Hey Mom!" I shout.

        "She isn't here. She ran to the store," Dad said emerging from the hallway leading to their room. "Oh, well dad, can I go to a party?" I ask slowly.

        "Yup, have fun," he says simply.

        I don't question my good luck and run upstairs to change. I hop in the shower and think about everything that happened today.

        Cam's hands and shoulders brushed mine so many times when we were walking. And he laughed at all my jokes. I'm not even remotely funny, so you understand how hard that must've been for him. I probably secretly annoyed the crap out of him. I'll call Lacey tomorrow with every detail of how things go tonight. I hope I have fun.

~~

        The pack house is huge. It's like a teenager's dream. Music is spilling from every crack of the house. There are people dancing on the balconies.There's a bonfire going. I think I hear the clink of bottles and hoops and howls every where. Cam was right, these people do party like animals!

        Cam grabs my hand after I jump out of his truck and leads me to the back gate that's wide open. We pass a girl in a shirt that's ripped to shreds. She looks passed out. I shake my head and laugh with Cam at the sight of her. We continue on to see the place brimming with people. The whole school? It looks as if the entire population of Granite Hills made its way to this party.

        I laugh and sing along to the music crashing through the air. I don't lose my grip on Cam, but shyly start swaying to the beat of the music. "And you say you're not a party-er. We haven't even gotten into the house and you're dancing!" Cam shouted over the music.

        I laugh and swat his arm as we make our way into the mansion. The decor is beautiful, but I don't focus on it too much. There are so many people in here the term "packed like sardines" doesn't cover it. At least you'll never have to try to squeeze in between two sardines.

        This is madness, and I love it! I've only seen parties like this on TV. The only difference here is that we don't have to worry about police, because there are no neighbors to complain. Does this place even have a police force? I haven't seen even a security guard at the mall now that I think about it. Anyway, this thing is literally in the middle of the woods.

        Cam and I make it to where the drinks are, which seems to be a den. There is a bit more space to move in here. People are just filing in and out. Getting drinks and leaving. Cam and I do the same, but instead of moving back out like most of the traffic, we move further in. I just sip my drink and follow Cam. The punch is really sweet, but there is no alcohol. It would be kind of cool to have a drink at my first party here, but oh well.