He nodded. "I know you didn't like it, but I really appreciate that you came even though it is against your will. That would be the best gift I could get this Christmas."

"I'm sorry." I mouthed.

Still, Hannah was silent. I'm not used to her being this quiet.

"Hannah..." I called her, she looked at me. "What's wrong?"

She shook her head. Samuel stopped his sobs and looked at the little girl. Paul turned back to also look at Hannah.

"Hannah, let's go? Your mom are probably waiting for you." Keilah said and hold the little girl's hand. They leave the room quietly.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked the two boys.

Paul raised his head to look at me and gave me a small smile. "She was just overthinking about my surgery."

"Are you going to the surgery this time?" I asked excitedly.

He nodded. "There is a brain-dead patient on the fourth floor."

I smiled. His parents are usually busy to find heart donors for their son, especially his dad. God is really good. He gives blessing to the ones deserving.

***

After having a lunch on the cafeteria, I headed to the pediatric wardroom to see the kids since these places are both in the same floor. The wardroom was too colorful, there's a cartoon characters on the walls that will suit for the children, the curtain's design is SpongeBob, and every blanket has a different cartoon characters. Also, every bed has a different stuff toys to play by the kids. This is something everyone should see.

"Are you excited, little Apostle?" the doctor asked Paul, who's sitting on his bed, blanket covers his legs.

Paul looked at the two kids in front of him; Samuel and Hannah. "I'm nervous."

"Hey kids." I called them as natural as I could be. I want to sound cheerful.

They all looked at me, everyone smiled.

"Naomi, why are you here?" the doctor asked me with a wink. If my memory serves me right, he was the pediatric doctor that known for being flirt. I don't want to believe about his rumors and judge him, but his every action says the rumor is true.

"I'm here for our little Apostle." I copied his nickname for the kid.

"Oh..." he nodded with a smirk. "I thought you're here for me, lady."

Hannah crossed her arm and gave him a death glare. "Doc, can't you stop flirting with every women? Instead of looking into every parts of the girls, why don't you look for the every parts you should know to heal us?"

The doctor just hissed, his pride might hurt, HAHA.

Hannah run toward me to hold my hand. She was smiling when she says, "I did a great job, right? Will Gideon give me a present then?"

I smiled at her while raising one of my eyebrow in confusion. "Why would he give you a present?"

"I keep his bride from being harmed like what—"

"—Naomi, are you really here from me?" Paul cut her off, then Samuel pulled Hannah from me. I sense something weird with these kids but I wiped out my curiosity away.

I went closer to Paul, not bothering myself to look at the flirt doctor. "I have a gift for you."

Paul's eyes shined as I gave him my handmade bracelet, it has a quote that says, "Do not fear, God will help you."