Chapter 29: Our Next Move

Start from the beginning

I laughed. "I'll explain it to you later."

Keyona raised her eyebrow at me. "Okay."

"So guys," Faye started, "sorry to interrupt, but what are we gonna do about mom?"

I sighed. "Y'all can do what y'all want. I'm done with her right now."

"Come on y'all we need a solid plan. How are we gonna face her?"

"Just confront her about it," I suggested. "She wanted to be the one to tell y'all, but I beat her to it before she could sweeten up the story for y'all. At this point she has to know that y'all know. She's probably just waiting on y'all to say something now."

Faye stood up. "Cool I say we do that. When y'all trynna do this? Tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I say the sooner the better," Terrance said.

"I'm in agreement," Keyona chimed in. "I'd rather get everything all out at once and be done with it. She not 'bout to have me stressed out over this for weeks. I got other things to concern myself with than her cheatin' ass."

"Any objections," Faye asked as he looked around the room.

Tyreek and Mya shook their heads no.

"Cool. So it's settled. We'll meet up with mommy tomorrow."

"Uh. Wait. I have a question," Mya said quietly. "Are we scheduling a meeting with her or are we just gon' pull up on her like we ain't got no sense?"

Everyone laughed.

"Come on y'all. I'm serious."

"You wanna call her," Faye asked tilting his head downwards and looking at her.

"Not especially. No," Mya retreated.

"A'ight then. So I say we just pull up on her," Faye concluded.

"Besides if we tell her that we want to talk to her, can we trust her not to run before we get the chance," Terrance said adding his input.

Tyreek shrugged his shoulders. "That's a good point."

"Okay. Am I the only who feels like we ganging up on her though," Mya asked. "Like, I'm not excusing her or anything, but what if it's more to the story or something? We should give her a chance to tell her side. I mean no offense Lys, but we only heard mommy's side through you. We ain't get to hear the story from her. I think we need to ease up a little and not pass judgement on her so soon. I say don't withdraw your guns yet," Mya said as she sat back and folded her arms.

"Damn it Mya," Keyona groaned. "You make a convincing argument."

"Right," Faye said from across the room.

"So now what we gon' do," Tyreek asked.

"Sounds like someone has to call her," I said cocking my head to the side. "Who shall it be," I said scanning the room.

"How 'bout you do it," Faye teased.

I raised my hands. "I'm out of it."

"We know. You've made it perfectly clear where you stand," Terrance replied.

"Can you blame me," I retorted. "She hasn't left anything good for me to cling to and while I admire Mya's optimism I am going to respectfully decline from meeting with her tomorrow."

"Fair enough," Mya stated, "but I really wish you would come. We're family. We need to be in this together. Ya know, present a united front."

"I hear you Mya, but I've heard enough from her. I'm really not interested in anything else that she has to say."