Files 470 and 678

The alarms echo throughout the cave as the team is signaled to come to the main meeting room. I realize that we have a mission and that Bats will likely be zetaing in any second. I look at Wally wide eyed and he returns my look with one of his ‘we’re so screwed’ ones.

    The zeta tube calls out Batman’s name and number as well as The Flash’s and both tubes light up. Hope sparks in both mine and Wally’s eyes. I had only hacked one of the tubes. If Bats comes though the other then we might be ok. Might being the key word here. It’s a 50/50 chance between life and death...I am so welmed.

    The Flash is teleported in wearing only his boxers and the mask part of his suit. I had programed it to be secret ID friendly so no real harm could come from it. Bats appears seconds after, fully clothed in the other one. He raises an eyebrow at The Flash’s ‘choice’ of attire. The flash is back in his bright red monstrosity of a costume within a blink of an eye.

    He rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment most likely due to the batman print boxers he was wearing. KF and I both fall on our backs as the entire situation resolves itself, to relieved that it all worked out to find it funny. Yet.

    The rest of the team finally makes their way into the room. Artemis shoots Wally and I a questioning look before addressing the two leaguers in the room. Wally and I glance at each other from our places on the floor. We both try and hold back the laughter but fail miserably as we start to roll around on the floor.

    By this point the entire team Is mimicking Artemis's questioning look from before. Well all except Bats who has a mixture of a knowing and an annoyed look. He must have connected the dots of an almost naked Flash and his apprentice and his apprentice’s best friend rolling on the floor laughing.

    I’ll hear hell for it later, after all it could have been an almost naked Bats up there, but for now I was enjoying the rare moment I only get with Wally of actually acting my age. You don’t often get the chance to be a kid when you are constantly being hunted down by gotham's worst.

    Bats sighs and crosses his arms. I can tell he’s annoyed with my behavior and i'm about to stop when Wally accidentally rolls into me. Normally that wouldn’t be a problem, but the circumstances are a bit different with me. My breath hitches as I feel the energy transfer. My eyes widen and I roll away as quickly as I can. I act as though nothing happened and Bats seems to be the only one that noticed.

    His stance shifts slightly and if you hadn't worked side by side with him for years you wouldn’t have recognized it as a worried stance. I laugh it off and stand up. I sent Bats what I hoped was a reassuring glance and he nods, returning his attention to the group.

    “Robin, bring up files 470 and 678.” My eyes widen at the command. Why those files? Why now? Why those files?

    “Robin?” Wally’s worried voice snaps me out of my thoughts and I quickly pull up the requested files. The first is a file that explains what exactly a Power Cell is. Well, as best the league can with only 5 known to have existed and none of which living long enough to be studied.

    The second file is the short list of known Power Cells and the basic info gathered before they were killed. I clance my fists and look away from the first name on the list.

     -MARY GRAYSON-