i. Geeks

"UGHH WHY DAD!? I'm eighteen years old I don't need help." Lexie Rodriguez yelled. "I'm pretty damn sure I'm capable to cope and manage and can be alone for sixty days! She sounded like a spoiled brat as she hopped on top of the counter top.

Her father, Miguel Rodriguez
Who was reading last minute work e-mails on his phone raised his hand and sighed with annoyance.

"How many times do we have to go through this, Lexie? Ethan and Grayson are just going to help with some of the outdoor task like cleaning the pool and cutting the grass while we're gone. What is so bad about that missy?" His eyebrow lifted.

Even though he spoke in a calm, soothing tone, his words only made Lexie angrier.

Her parents could dress it up anyway they wanted, and act like this would be doing her a favor but Lexie knew better and what it really meant. They didn't trust her. And thought she needed babysitters.

To make things worse it was who they asked to help. Ethan and Grayson Dolan. Goody-two- shoes Ethan and Grayson Dolan. Even though she hadn't seen them since middle school she remembered their scrawny frame, and the geeky, cringe vines they used to make.

Lexie spent most of her childhood trying to escape them. But they were the sons of their next door neighbor. And her father was  was one of their coaches so that was often difficult to do, given the fact that they often came over to go over plays and practiced in the backyard.

But thankfully they moved to LA a little over three years ago so she'd not have to see their goofy faces. But they'd come home last week while Lexie was at school to be recruited by her dad to keep things in shape while he and her mother, Lydia, were gone on their trip Summer vacation to Europe.

Did her father really think she was a complete idiot? How difficult could it be to mow a lawn or run a vacuum cleaner over carpet? When would he stop treating her like a child and let her have actual responsibility?

"Look, Daddy, I'm perfectly capable-----"

"Lexie!" He cut her off, frowning so his black hair fell over his forehead.

"It's already been decided. Ethan and Grayson will be over any minute and I expect you to behave like a civilized human being with manners. Are we clear?"

She cocks her head to the side on her shoulder and rolls her eyes.

" I SAID ARE WE CLEAR?" Lexie recognized that tone. It meant he wouldn't be argued with anymore.

She crossed her arms over her chest and threw her self onto to the couch.

"Fine!" She continues to mumble under her breath.

Her father seemed like he was about to say something to further scold her but the doorbell rang and he turned his attention to the door and she folded her arms on top of the arm cushion before resting her chin down and watched him walk down the hallway.