dear el

hawkin's lab has recorded the following messages from the walkie-talkie of michael wheeler as an attempt to contact and find eleven. they have been recorded between november of 1983 and november of 1984. they have not yet been released to the public and are to be kept top secret. 

dear el, 

it's day one. 

i don't want to admit it, but i cried a lot today. my mom and dad think im going crazy, crying over some girl that barely spoke and was only here for a week. but im sure that if they saw you, they'd know you're special, just like i do. they'd know that you're beautiful and you really care about people. i miss you. if you can hear this, please come home.

dear el, 

it's day twenty one. 

the snowball was today. i didn't wanna go because i know that it'd remind me of you. we went to the new arcade instead. dustin and lucas are really good, so will and i mostly just watched. i hate the fact that you're gone. i feel like every day, you being here feels less and less real each day. like, you being here was some kind of dream. i wish we would go back to that dream, because i would love to kiss you again. was that cheesy? sorry. i just..... i feel like there's a big hole in my heart. and only you can fill it. 

dear el, 

it's day eighty three, 

i had a good day today. the boys and i finally finished that campaign i told you about. we won. lucas used his sword to take out the bad guy, and we won. two nights ago, i had a dream that you were sitting at our table. you were our mage, casting spells left and right, and you won the game. everyone was cheering for you. you're in a lot of my dreams, actually. last week, i had a dream that you flung troy over the school. it was kind of awesome. troy has a girlfriend now. her name is rachel. he keeps teasing us about how we haven't had our first kiss, but he doesn't know. nobody knows. i went to church with lucas the other day and prayed that i'd see you again. and i'm not religious, but i won't take my chances. i miss you. please come home. 

dear el, 

it's day one hundred and seventy two, 

happy valentine's day! i had eggo waffles for breakfast this morning, and after school, i went to the store to buy some chocolate and flowers for you. i left them in the forest where we first met. i threw some of the flower petals off the cliff where you saved me. i mean,  i would literally be dead if it wasn't for you, and i try to live every day to the fullest because of that.  when i bike, sometimes i sit too far forward on the seat because i think about was it was like when you were there, behind me, wrapping your warm arms around me. but then i get kind of sad, because i forget you aren't there.... if you can hear me, i hope you know how much i care about you..... i miss you. 

-

dear el, 

it's day two hundred and four, 

the other day i was thinking about what would've happened if you hadn't disappeared. would you be at school with me? would you still be living in my basement? what would you be like in high school. i'd like to think you'd be like half girly-girly half badass. like, you'd look beautiful, but you're super tough on the inside. i don't know. i guess we won't ever know. 

-

dear el, 

it's day two hundred and ninety three, 

today was a weird day. will had another episode. one minute he was playing dungeons and dragons with us, and the next he was bolting out of the house, into our backyard. we called jonathan to take him home, and i went to check on him later, but he wasn't there. jonathan said he went to the doctor or something. on my way back, the chief stopped me, and talked to me. he asked me how i was doing. he gave me a chewbacca action figure. he told me he was cleaning out some of his old things and thought of me when he pulled this one out. it was nice, but strange. i don't think i've talked with the chief since..... you know. but see what i mean by weird? i mean,i  guess it wasn't as weird as when you were here. when you were here, it was a good weird. a happy weird. 

god el, i miss you so much. please come home. 

--

el, are you there? 

i just want you to know that if you're there, talk to me. i heard you talk through this walkie-talkie. if you're in danger by telling me you're okay, send me a hint. or something. i just.....i have hope that you're out there- no i know that you're out there. it's day.....i don't even know anymore. it's day three hundred and thirty eight, i think. i still have your bed here. i haven't taken down our fort of sheets. you can still come back. i always make my mom buy eggos when she goes to the store so we always have extra eggos for you. they're here, waiting for you el.

--

el, are you there, el? 

it's me, it's mike. it's day three hundred and fifty two, 7:40pm, i'm still here...... if you're out there, say something. or give me a sign. i won't even say anything, i just wanna know if you're okay.........i'm so stupid. 

--

el, 

this week just keeps on getting crazier. some redhead is trying to get in our party, courtesy of dustin and lucas, who have a huge crush on her. will had two episodes in two days. i'm starting to get worried. yesterday, when we were looking for dart, i thought i saw you running down the hall. but it wasn't you. it never is. i just want you to come home so bad.

-

dear el, 

day three hundred and fifty four, 

welcome home, my badass princess