Chapter 7

Adam

BACK IN THE BUSY city of Kyoto, Japan, there stands a traditional Japanese house. A mansion surrounded by five feet walls. Despite of its age, sturdiness emanates from it. A secured fortress that denies infiltration.

"Welcome back, Master!" On the simple entrance of the house, a cheerful girl in her teens grants him a warmth greetings. She's clinging to his arm as he strides, his way to the main door of the mansion.

"Jesrael, don't cling to me like that." He scolds her.

"But, why Ikeda. I used to do this when you were still here living with us." Sweetly, she complains with her puppy eyes.

"Well, that was two years ago. You doubled in height. You've grown so much." He explains as he removes her hands from his arms.

She's fixated on you.

I know.

Then, make some distance far, far away from her.

That's what I've been trying to do for these past two years.

Then, why do you have to see her here? The elder should already know the consequences of your encounters with her.

She's still young. The elder will banish her once she comes to age.

That's the most dangerous part, why do we have to wait that long?

"Your father has been waiting for you." Her voice interrupts us.

"The elder?" He seems unconvinced. He always thinks that he was never a father to him, maybe it's the fact that he is not his biological father. Adopting him is more out of beneficial for him, rather than out of compassion and sympathy.

He's a Supreme Genus. Reincarnated version of Adam, the genesis of human race. I, being inside him, doesn't bring benefits. It shackles him. Restraining him to the point of living in an imaginary cage built through my existence inside him. Nothing is left, but to live life accordingly.

"I've missed you." There, she goes again sticking her arms on his. Seducing him with an act like that is a piece of cake. History can repeat itself. Alluring him with that tactic, I'm afraid Eve will be in a rage.

That won't happen Adam, will you stop drawing conclusions?

She leads him to one of the many rooms inside the mansion. A young man wearing kimono sits down calmly on the tatami floor welcomes them with a warmth smile.

"Elder, he's finally here." Jesrael runs towards him and shows the same attachment. Is she so innocent that her intimacy to every guy in this room isn't an issue?

Let her be Adam.

"I've come home father." He bows down as he gives respect to the man across him.

"Well done my child." He smiles as he commends Ikeda. "Have a seat with your beloved father."

"It's an honor." Nonchalant, he sits down on the cold tatami.

"Have you found her?" A smile won't leave his face.

"Yes, father." With his head facing the floor, he answers in a poker tone.

"Have you consumed it?" Again with that smile, it's getting creepy as time passes by.

"No, fa-"

The apathetic conversation ends with his negative respond. The once calm man turns into a vicious creature with his creepy smile still plastered on his face. He won't be mistaken as a sane human.

Ikeda struggles with air as he grabs his neck while pinning him down on the cold-iced tatami floor.

"No-... ye-, I'll do it once I get ba-c-k there." He utters those words as he fights for his breath.

The girl named Jesrael seems having fun as she flashes a complete set of teeth while ogling at the dreadful scene. A man vested with human supremacy is running out of breath due to a singled-handed attack of a man with the same physique as him. The thought is inconceivable, not unless if he has been vested with a greater power and that won't make him human anymore.

"Do it before the appearance of the red moon." His composed-calm self instantly returns with the plastered smile on his face.

"I'll make sure that will happen father." Still choking, he manages to speak clearly.

"Good luck with that Ikeda!" Jesrael, together with the elder, leaves the room cheerfully in spite of the dreadful scene before her.

It's been a week, since I left her.

Yeah. Leaving her hanging, you're a bit harsh on her. She must be confused.

I was busy with my job, my agency signed me with lots of events.

Making excuses, you're having fun at every event you attended.

Nah... You know why I'm doing this.

He's right. I'm well aware of why. It's his life line. Once in a week is his usual schedule for rejuvenating his energy. Energy that can sustain his life.